• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Up late prepping up some Dinky snacks

If an old man overdoses on pork at your house, are you legally responsible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DD and your Missus... It was good to see you again this morning at Breakfast at the Waffle House this morning... Hope you enjoyed your visit with Hambuglar 3... Too bad we didn't have time for a longer chat, breakfast was waiting...:becky::becky:

A month or so ago, Dinkydau told me he wanted to cook up some pork belly burnt ends. I had never heard of such a thing but he was good enough to send me a YouTube link and bring a pork belly by.
My aunt bought us a Traeger for a housewarming gift (I know, pretty freakin sweet) and I'll be putting it to use for this.
Now, Phil already had this pork belly and tonight I figured out why he wanted me to cook it for us. So I'm basically skinning a hog belly on my wife's new counter tonight. I played with the nipples a little, not gonna lie. It's kind of a pain in the ass if you have little experience in butchering or murder. I got it done though.
Put us a butt on about midnight for sammiches tomorrow and went to town on this belly. Took my time cubing it up then tossed it in pork rub, brown sugar, and honey. Then put it back in the fridge to be put on early in the AM and ready round about lunch. So pulled pork and pork belly burnt ends for lunch and dinner. These things are going to cook up like candy.
Dinky and Mrs. Dinky are coming as well as a good friend and his family. These kind of days are like Christmas to me and I can't sleep.
Got to get up early and get this pig going. Plus, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
On the grill now
View attachment 3051962
Candied up and in the fridge
View attachment 3051963

P.S. Don't tag him in this and I'll post up some pictures of him drinking whiskey tomorrow.

May God bless a man who knows about pork bellies AND burnt ends!

Also; it might sound gross, but such a man would probably make some good eating! Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom