• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Untrained gun-owners ineffective (less effective)at self-defense.... great article

I agree %110 an I'll be the first to say I haven't had near as much (real world) training as I would like, and I carry everyday, sure plenty rounds down range, target both static and on the move but i couldn't imagine the fear and adrenaline that would be involved in a life or death situation, (hopefully never find out) I like to think ide be calm and collected enough to get my family and or myself out of the fight before the SHTF but who knows. Other than the police training grounds where I live I don't know of any place around me that offers that kind of training

I agree with the premise that training is good. :doh:, but...

given the source and outlet, I think the purpose of the article was more likely this:

The report also noted five states have passed laws that eliminate any training as a requirement for carrying a handgun in public and said minimum standards for tests required to employ concealed-carry are not even high enough.

It said consensus among law enforcement and firearm experts agreed with their findings and argued in favor of mandatory firearms training.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has complicated views on requirements for concealed carry.

I agree with the premise that training is good. :doh:, but...

given the source and outlet, I think the purpose of the article was more likely this:

^ Yep agreed. I love training, and I think everyone should do it as much as they can afford.

But any trainer that suggests that training should be required in order to carry, well I hope they soon go out of business.

This is a great article if one is in the self defense business.

I would suggest that anyone who relies on a gun for self-defense is, "In the self-defense business... for better or for worse.

As far as myself I am doing very little training right now & not looking for anymore new classes till at least mid-fall.

Here is the reason why:
http://reporting.loopnet.com/report/d5a7c1fe-3a0f-429f-b17e-cf3b139197f3
(I have around $25 mil. in total listings and real estate is very busy)

However I believe anyone serious about protecting their loved ones as well as themselves should invest both time & money in the best, most practical training they can afford and/ or find.

I would suggest that anyone who relies on a gun for self-defense is, "In the self-defense business... for better or for worse.

As far as myself I am doing very little training right now & not looking for anymore new classes till at least mid-fall.

Here is the reason why:
http://reporting.loopnet.com/report/d5a7c1fe-3a0f-429f-b17e-cf3b139197f3
(I have around $25 mil. in total listings and real estate is very busy)

However I believe anyone serious about protecting their loved ones as well as themselves should invest both time & money in the best, most practical training they can afford and/ or find.

Nice listings. I wasn't referring to (guess I'm a little slow but I didn't lnow/realize you did classes) but I was referring to all the wanna be cops and libtards that think you need a badge in order to have the correct training. Kinda like yourself, I don't have time or cash to spend on something that should be second nature.

Nice listings. I wasn't referring to (guess I'm a little slow but I didn't lnow/realize you did classes) but I was referring to all the wanna be cops and libtards that think you need a badge in order to have the correct training. Kinda like yourself, I don't have time or cash to spend on something that should be second nature.
It's ok, I didn't know he was a realtor lol

Back
Top Bottom