• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unpopular firearm opinions / stir the pot

Only commie sympathizers own a commie rifle.

1642826539463.png

Why? Because about the narrowest front post you can get with a tritium vial is about 0.140”

Thick and chunky fronts aren’t fast for shooting. Block lots of the target at distance.

I like 0.100” - 0.115” front at the max. So fibers or black fronts for me.

Furthermore, it’s 2022… put a red dot on your gun and get those irons as low and out of the way as you can.
Because thin black sight posts are hard to find on dark shirts or jackets, especially under stress and speed. And it’s 2022 so I don’t have the same thousands of rounds to build the muscle memory on a red dot. I’d rather use the lesser amount of ammo I have to upkeep what I already know. I like to be ready to use my gun. I don’t follow the trends until I’ve had time to build up the muscle memory and repitition to execute them effectively.

I’ve used irons and night sights to great effect in the past, and find no benefit inside of 25 yards with red dots at the moment.

No one's sung the praises of stippling yet? Stippling always makes Glocks mo' bettah.
Been waiting for that one too. I am so sick of the stippled "custom" glocks.

I also love when someone tells me that hi-points are great because they have a lifetime warranty. If it fails when it counts, the warranty is of no use to you.

Because thin black sight posts are hard to find on dark shirts or jackets, especially under stress and speed. And it’s 2022 so I don’t have the same thousands of rounds to build the muscle memory on a red dot. I’d rather use the lesser amount of ammo I have to upkeep what I already know. I like to be ready to use my gun. I don’t follow the trends until I’ve had time to build up the muscle memory and repitition to execute them effectively.

I’ve used irons and night sights to great effect in the past, and find no benefit inside of 25 yards with red dots at the moment.
What if I told you… you could build most of that muscle memory without ever firing a single round… through the magic of…. Drumroll…………. DRY FIRE.

Back
Top Bottom