• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Unpopular firearm opinions / stir the pot

Glocks ARE perfect...because their advertising says so.

1642860218057.png

What if I told you… you could build most of that muscle memory without ever firing a single round… through the magic of…. Drumroll…………. DRY FIRE.
I’d tell you you’re wrong and that’s not always the case :noidea:

Dry fire is great. I did a few thousand repetitions of various dry fire drills over a few months with a RDS. Felt pretty good and went to the range to run drills a handful of times. Losing the dot under recoil, especially while shooting and moving is my issue. Every problem I had on the live range I didn’t have during dry fire. I need the live fire to beat it into me. I also noticed after doing that, I was ****ing up my normal times and scores with irons. I’m not switching until I’ve got the ammo and training time to fully commit to the switch and be confident. It ain’t for me right now, my guy. I’m not saying there’s no benefit if you like ‘em. I’m just saying that there’s a right way to make the switch and not everyone needs to be on board with it. If you pick it up and feel awesome with it, sweet. There’s also valid reasons not to.:bounce:

Because thin black sight posts are hard to find on dark shirts or jackets, especially under stress and speed. And it’s 2022 so I don’t have the same thousands of rounds to build the muscle memory on a red dot. I’d rather use the lesser amount of ammo I have to upkeep what I already know. I like to be ready to use my gun. I don’t follow the trends until I’ve had time to build up the muscle memory and repitition to execute them effectively.

I’ve used irons and night sights to great effect in the past, and find no benefit inside of 25 yards with red dots at the moment.
If you haven’t been involved in a gunfight, do sights even matter?

He lost me with the part about following trends after
developing muscle memory to execute them effectively.
I mean, like, what could a trend ever do to him that's
bad enough he'd want to kill 'em? And long as they's
daid, isn't that effective enough?
Now where'd I put that can of punkin spice spray paint?
Got some H-P grips that need painting.

.300 BO is overpriced and overrated.

CZ pistols are OK at best.

Springfield makes a very good pistol.

The M16/A2/M4/whatever should have been designed around .243 instead of 5.56/.223.

.357 Sig is a great handgun caliber.

Off the top of my head...there are plenty more.

Back
Top Bottom