Trust or No Trust

fireman

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
I am looking for some SOUND advice. I am planning on getting into the suppressed and SBR game. Probably not at the same time but a little along. What are the benefits of a trust vs not. I am 99.99% that I can get the local law enforcement signature. I do want to make it feasible to pass them along after I can no longer use them.

After July, LE sign off will no longer be required for any NFA items. The one good thing to come from the 41p changes.

I did trust, because I want my wife to be able to posses/use the items in my absence. Would hate for her to grab the wrong gun in a defensive situation.

Even after the changes in July, I would still go trust.

If it's just you, wait until after July. In fact wait until the end of the year because I'd be willing to bet good money prices are going to drop, and you'll be able to find some great deals.

If you want someone else to have access to your items, then go ahead and get a trust and buy something now. But just know you and whomever is on your trust will get to enjoy being fingerprinted and background checked for the "privilege" of owning these items after 41f goes into effect.

Using a trust there will be more hoops to go through after July but I like the idea of my wife and kids being able to possess and use my NFA items.
Reason I went with a trust.

I 2nd all responses. Having a Trust allows for your NFA items to be transferred to your wife or another "trustee" to posses. I did a Trust not really for the ease, but in the event of my death, my wife can sell all of my NFA items. Without this, they would have to be forfeited. I went through Dean...https://nfalawyers.com/... I really like the language he uses and has an attachment A which is very easy to add/remove items with just two witnesses and you don't have to re-do the Trust every time.

After July, LE sign off will no longer be required for any NFA items. The one good thing to come from the 41p changes.

I did trust, because I want my wife to be able to posses/use the items in my absence. Would hate for her to grab the wrong gun in a defensive situation.

Even after the changes in July, I would still go trust.

I'm ignorant when it comes to NFA items, but please clarify. What do you guys mean when LE sign off is no longer required after July? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom