Tree Stand?

Summits are the way to go. But never forget the most comfortable climbers can be the heaviest. Don't forget weight as something to consider, especially if you will be carrying it in and out every time

And of you do go climber. Practice with everything you take hunting. First yr I used one I practiced a good bit in the yard with shorts and old nikes. With camo, boots and gear its a little different.

Thanks! I will be sure to practice. Thankfully we live on land that has a couple of awesome deer trails so I won't have to put it up and take it down every time I go out. Thank you again.

While I agree with these guys that ladder stands can be good for beginners I think that lock-on stands are the best and in my opinion are super easy to set up. They also give you the option of getting up as high as you want or feel comfortable with additional step sections or screw in steps.
As mentioned wear a safety harness that is connected to something from the moment you leave the ground. Use a safety line up the tree with a prusik knot connection in the event you take a spill on the way up or down. It doesn't take far to break your neck.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom