Tree Stand?

GAgirl

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
This fall I'll be a first-time deer hunter and don't know the first thing about stands. My draw is only 25". Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for when deciding on a stand? :confused: Thanks!

Didn't even know they made safety harnesses...good call! Don't want a busted bow or limb! Thanks!
or a broke neck! :nono: that would be bad! Ladder stand is the safest when just starting out in a treestand bow hunting. Get one with a good sized platform on it so you can stand and shoot your bow. The safety harness is just invade you step off the platform when moving to get a shot. It happens so be safe!

Ladder stands are best for beginners and will fit most trees, Climbers are great once you figure out how to use them, but noisy going up and down and won't fit as many trees as other stand types. Platform stand that are chained or ratchet strapped to the tree are good, but are a pain in the a** to set up and you'll still need a way to climb up to it. I use all types, but I prefer my enclosed tower stands. And even though I refuse to use one, I have to recommend a good harness for any beginner.

Back
Top Bottom