• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traeger

C Drill97

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
I finally broke down and got me a traeger. Starting the initial firing process now, didn’t get one of the super expensive fancy ones but I got one that was enough for us.

does everybody like their traeger grills?

Control panel and auger motor problems with mine. Buddy at work had control panel burn out as well. I love using it and haven’t had an issue since it’s been fixed. But I’d prob look at a cheaper Cabelas model before I went Traeger or the other high dollar brands again. Not sure there is that much of a difference in the final output anyway.

Lo
I finally broke down and got me a traeger. Starting the initial firing process now, didn’t get one of the super expensive fancy ones but I got one that was enough for us.

does everybody like their traeger grills?[/QUOTE
We use ours once or twice a week. It’s different than cooking on a egg or charcoal. I think of it as an oven with light smoke. Very easy. As they say “Set it and forget it”.

I’m a fan of traditional smoker but it is VERY rare when I have the time to be around one all day, which is why I like the term set it and forget it.
Here you go, lol!
Screenshot_20201025-182211_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My PitBoss auger went out, so I went shopping for a new pellet smoker. Saw a Traeger at Lowe’s and almost bought it, but I turned around and saw a $600 Camp Chef pellet smoker that was a special order return that never left the store on sale for $209. Read tons of great reviews and bought it. Cooked on it twice this week and love it.
3B0EA073-B589-4B69-86C8-5909B5671B68.jpeg

My PitBoss auger went out, so I went shopping for a new pellet smoker. Saw a Traeger at Lowe’s and almost bought it, but I turned around and saw a $600 Camp Chef pellet smoker that was a special order return that never left the store on sale for $209. Read tons of great reviews and bought it. Cooked on it twice this week and love it. View attachment 2887241
I’m cooking on mine tonight, something simple. Pork chops and corn just to try it out, gonna smoke them for an hour and then turn it up to about 350 and finish them.

I’m cooking on mine tonight, something simple. Pork chops and corn just to try it out, gonna smoke them for an hour and then turn it up to about 350 and finish them.
Sounds good. I did 2 New York strip steaks last Sunday and chicken breasts last night. I like the option of searing the steak directly over the flame for a nice reverse sear.

Back
Top Bottom