• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trades heavily "In my favor"

I have to agree with you. If I have something for sale or trade and the sale price is say 500.00 then my trade price is 500.00. Just don't try to blow smoke up my azz and convenience me that your 300.00 item is worth 500.00. If you look at the bottom line I have done better than expected on some trades and I have lost on some trades BUT I agreed to them and it was my choice.

I've used that line before and here is why.

Many times, I have clearly stated in my ads that I am not looking for trades. Many times I get PM's asking me if I will take a trade.

Posting "heavily in my favor" is my way of saying, "if you want to get me to accept a trade, it had better be good."

this

Another damn thing I can't stand is calling whatever weapon "tactical" or a "sniper" rifle. If you do then you have been trained in some type of tactics and that particular weapon has been utilized while using those tactics. I'm a state certified sniper and have been to several classes while on SWAT at the AMU at Benning. Due to this if I have a Chipmunk 22lr then it is a sniper's rifle. At the same time a Winchester 94 that has been beat to **** and wouldn't shoot straight 25 yards could also be a sniper's rifle. Learn to call then what they are "an AR platform, an FN whatever, a precision rifle that is capable of such and such accuracy (if you are)"

I don't find those as annoying (or is it humurous?) as those that post up a sob story about how desperately they need the cash so even though they hate it they have to get rid of it...... and then they post some trade options. They go from broke to all good in the time it takes to type the post apparently.

This is my favorite, "my wife, daughter and hamster all caught aids and I desperately need the cash for medicine and treatment, trades considered for..."

I had a chat with my wife, and she said she won't let me sell my gun. You see, I didn't ask her for permission, so now I have to ask for forgiveness. And she said I was such a big dick, and I need to be nicer to you guys, so I have to withdraw my offers. Unless, of courss, it's heavily in my favor. With cash on top.

Whatever. Who cares.

Or you could always agree to a trade with a guy only for him to concoct a story about his wife locking up all his guns in the safe so he couldn't trade anymore only for one of your ODT buds to trade for the same gun with the same guy a day later. Not that this ever happened to me or anything.

If I want it, I trade for it.

If I get a trade offer that I don't like, I rage quit the Internet for the day by throwing my laptop out the window.

Back
Top Bottom