• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyo Tires White, Ga

rotating day/night shifts and split work days? sounds unproductive and a pia, not something I'd want
I agree but trying to find someone with experience there to let me in on how they feel about it and management. I am sure I could do it but I am a shorts man and when its 145 degrees in that place in the dead of summer I want to know I can be comfortable. There is room for growth there as well if your willing to put up with politics or so I hear. Basically where I work is becoming strained and cash strapped, work is dwindling and management is trying their best but its a tough business. There is no where to go here either since its family. Been here almost 11 years and the commute is becoming horrid as well almost 4 hours a day in the car not including fridays......

Last edited:
Anyone work at or used to work at Toyo in White? Was considering possibly trying it but that shift work just seems NUTZ! Please let me now if you have any experience.

I worked there, the 2 weeks on days and then 2 weeks on nights is rough i was a zombie, i couldn't tell if it was monday or april.

worked in a Yamaha piano plant years ago and it was a killer, long hot days weird shifts etc etc.

talked to person at the convenience store in white who works at toyo all they would say was "it's a pay check"...

I work at Pirelli Tire in Rome and we work the same type hours . we do the 2 weeks on nights and then 2 weeks on days also . Ours ya work Tue and wed , off Thur and Fri then work Sat , Sunday and Monday , then off Tue and wed , work Thurs and Fri and then off Sat , sunday and monday . The weekend we have off is the weekend we change from nights to days . The longest we ever work is 3 days in a row and ya get 3 off in a row every other weekend. I have been at Pirelli for 10 1/2 yrs and have gotten use to the hours . it does suck at first but after the first couple rotations its good to go . My Bed Room windows do have black out curtains on them so it easy to get to sleep even in the day times . Good thing about it also that you can burn 2 days Vacation =24 hrs and get a full 7 days off in a row so you turn your vacation into more weeks with less days used . I would rather stay on days or nights but i do love all the off days . I hear that their weekend is Fri sat sun where ours goes Sat sun and mon . so you still get every other weekend off . I have gotten use to all the off days that we get and it is nice when ya can go places while everyone else is working and you one of the few that is out and about during certain hours of the day

Probably a great place to work if you mind being a mindless drone or just another cog in a gear.. no thanks I have worked in a plant before absolutely no gratification or personal satisfaction no room for advancement unless you kiss major butt....

Probably a great place to work if you mind being a mindless drone or just another cog in a gear.. no thanks I have worked in a plant before absolutely no gratification or personal satisfaction no room for advancement unless you kiss major butt....
Unfortunately without a degree in today's jobs marketplace unless you start at the bottom kinda hard to go to the top. Some of us know where we are in life and do not mind the mindless hard work. I am a smart guy but without enough revenue to start a business i will always be working for someone else. I am not resigned to it but we've been through alot the past few years so yess i am willing to be mindless for a few to get where i need to be..

Back
Top Bottom