• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Torque Wrench for Gunsmithing

It’s always easy to something better at triple the price... heck.. just go Snap On.

It’s only 10x what you paid... but it’s better! NBD.

I've calibrated thousands of torque wrenches and the simple beam or bar type are the most dependable if you take care of them. The accuracy needed for most applications can be met with the simple type wrenches. The problem is the ability to use them without operator error. The breakaway type is my favorite wrench. But, you need to take care of them and unload the torque when stored. JMO.

The fat wrenches are fine when torque doesn't matter. Just need a general setting to make sure you aren't overtorquing and screwing something up. Fine for scope bases, accessories, etc, but not great for things like action screws. And the Wheeler loses a lot of repeatability and accuracy over time. Just my .02.

The fat wrenches are fine when torque doesn't matter. Just need a general setting to make sure you aren't overtorquing and screwing something up. Fine for scope bases, accessories, etc, but not great for things like action screws. And the Wheeler loses a lot of repeatability and accuracy over time. Just my .02.
They’ll all lose accuracy over time without service and calibration. None of which the typical $100 tool buyer will be doing... so what are we even talking about.

Back
Top Bottom