• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Took a hammer to my Lee loadmaster

jpdriver

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
1   0
Reaction score
I'm done with Lee! Money doesn't grow on trees for me so a Dillion is out of the question. I've had it for several years and when it worked I loved it but it was finicky. Never could get the priming system to work. No biggie, I'll hand prime them. Probably better anyways. Never could get the bullet feeder to work either. No biggie, I'll hand feed them. Then the case feeder starts to act up. then the auto indexer. I've had it. Out. Done.
I've been very patient with it. I knew it was finicky when i bought it new from Midway. I also bought everything I would need to load 9mm, 357, 44, 45, 223. Everything! I may have 1500rds through that thing. What a waste. What a piece of ****! Rant over. Now I need a real progressive press....

I have both Dillon and RCBS and have been loading on both for many years without a single issue from either. If money is an issue you cant go wrong with an RCBS single stage. It's the only single stage loader I use for precision rifle rounds and match .45 ACP.

I'm done with Lee! Money doesn't grow on trees for me so a Dillion is out of the question. I've had it for several years and when it worked I loved it but it was finicky. Never could get the priming system to work. No biggie, I'll hand prime them. Probably better anyways. Never could get the bullet feeder to work either. No biggie, I'll hand feed them. Then the case feeder starts to act up. then the auto indexer. I've had it. Out. Done.
I've been very patient with it. I knew it was finicky when i bought it new from Midway. I also bought everything I would need to load 9mm, 357, 44, 45, 223. Everything! I may have 1500rds through that thing. What a waste. What a piece of ****! Rant over. Now I need a real progressive press....

It took myself and Dave about 2 hours to time the turret on one correctly. Some people have ones that work great, and others hate them. I will just stick to my rock chucker! lol

how many threads have you read saying i hate my dillion? there are tons of their presses in circulation cranking out millions of rounds literallly..

dillion 550 hands down lock stock.

i have learned lessons the long way too. ive blew paralax and windage out of scopes with a fifty. cheap ultrasonic instead of stainless tumbling. the list goes on. kinda sux but anything worth a crap gonna cost a lil jack. a smooth running machine will sure put a smile on your face and ammo in your mags

Last edited:

I'll take it off your hands!

Ive got two single stage presses already. They work great. Have loaded thousands of rounds from those over the years. Only problem is they're so slow. It will take me a week or more to load 700 rounds from them. All my hunting and match target ammo I do on the single stage presses but the blasting ammo in those calibers must be done on a progressive press. I wait until most of the ammo in one caliber is gone and then reload 1000+ at a time. Its had less than 2000rds run through it and then the auto indexer quit. Tried adjusting but to no avail. No warranty on it either. I hate spending so much time changing calibers with all the adjustments and then the trial an error to get it really running right. Lee products have always been real good but this isnt.

Ive got two single stage presses already. They work great. Have loaded thousands of rounds from those over the years. Only problem is they're so slow. It will take me a week or more to load 700 rounds from them. All my hunting and match target ammo I do on the single stage presses but the blasting ammo in those calibers must be done on a progressive press. I wait until most of the ammo in one caliber is gone and then reload 1000+ at a time. Its had less than 2000rds run through it and then the auto indexer quit. Tried adjusting but to no avail. No warranty on it either. I hate spending so much time changing calibers with all the adjustments and then the trial an error to get it really running right. Lee products have always been real good but this isnt.

I hear ya....save your pennies for a Dillon 550 and never look back. I've seen a few pop up here for trade/sell as well.

Back
Top Bottom