To my bow techs / archers, a quick question

MisterGrubbs

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
This is directed primarily towards those of you who refletch your own arrows or work for/own a shop - would you EVER send out arrows that you fletched without sanding them?

Long story short(and I'll keep names to myself) but I bought a dozen arrows from a local bow shop ... fletching fell off on the way out of the parking lot. Turned around, gave all 12 back and all 12 were "sanded, refletched, and ready to go"

I equipped my arrows with Carbon Xpress lighted nocks and went on my way, FIRST shot a fletching flew off. Checked my bow - all is well. Five or six good shots, on the way to getting everything sighted in, I lose another fletching and end up launching the arrow fairly crazy. Two of my nocks will not come out of the arrows now, so I'm going to be losing two nocks regardless.

Twisted(very lightly) on the fletchings and they started popping off...VERY easily. Sanded? No, I sanded one just to make sure I could tell the difference...got to looking and he sanded here and there (and not on every arrow) and just spot sanded basically.

Now that you have the background, my question is - am I being way too harsh or am I being fair by stating this should not happen? Arrows were not sanded as promised and this will be the second time I've had to return them!

Looking for opinions on what should be done here, I do not want him to refletch them, and I do not have tools to do it myself.

Thanks

Video below

Last edited:
Oh i got ya now! yeah you gotta watch some of these guy's. Was it a young guy that might not have known better?

I never have any re-fletched. I try to buy quality arrows when i do buy 7 hope what i buy has good ones on them.

No, it isn't someone new. This is someone who is very familiar with the sport and is supposed to be knowledgeable.

My question is - he's evidentally not going to fletch them correctly. Do I A) Ask for a refund(which he told me he would do if I had another problem after he had to refletch them the first time...) or B) Ask for him to provide me with 12 quickfletches and be done? Issue is that I have two nocks that will not come out of the arrows in one piece, so I'd be giving up 20 dollars worth of lighted nocks in the deal.

Just not sure what to do - all I know is that I dont want to lose my ass, I need them in time to shoot before bow season gets here(Have to set back up!) and I do not want him to refletch, so I'm looking for opinions on what would be the most fair in this situation.

Thanks

Buy some arrow wraps, d a arizona ez fletch and do it yourself kinda fun ans you can make your arros look like what you want and be as picky as you want. Been doing my own for a while now and its relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom