• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all the Young fellas in here: We did have a "Go Fund Me" back in the 60s...

No joke. My older brother and I, we built some sort of a box and on Fridays and Saturdays, we used to hit the good spot where the older fellas hung out going after the ladies, to clean and shy their shoes. Something like this picture here (The box fit our supplies and was our seat to work on the shoe)
1667528010750.png

Started mowing yards for $5 a yard when I was 10 and at 13 was cultivating watermelon fields and helping move irrigation pipes then helping haul watermelons up and loading on truck for farming market. Made $25. A week and lunch. Also had to take care of livestock at home and work in garden when got home from work. Raised up to work and appreciate a dollar. The 60s were good years to this ole country boy.

Mowed yards like every other kid, picked up coke bottles, washed cars and cycles (mom and dad both rode so we constantly had bikes at the house from family friends) ……we did what it took or we did not have money. We got allowance but it was only a little and did not last long during summertime movies or extra activities that cost.
All in all, we were never really broke for long, we were resourceful little hellions ! Lol.
(This being paid to do chores around our house was non existent. That was normal duties.)

No joke. My older brother and I, we built some sort of a box and on Fridays and Saturdays, we used to hit the good spot where the older fellas hung out going after the ladies, to clean and shy their shoes. Something like this picture here (The box fit our supplies and was our seat to work on the shoe)
View attachment 4918342
0d1f25dc-4be6-4b8e-a3ed-08f4ced78e29_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom