Tired of looking through the adds and seeing BOS required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the complaint. I like to have a bill of sale, so if the buyer screws up and does something stupid with a firearm, and the serial number is traced back to me, and the ATF is knocking at the door my door, I have something to hand them. " On this date I sold this firearm tothis person" If you aren't supposed to own or posses a firearm, that is your problem, not mine.

If you have nothing to hide, what is the problem. All I ever asked for was a date and a signature.

Holy old thread resurrection Batman!:shocked:

I don't understand the complaint. I like to have a bill of sale, so if the buyer screws up and does something stupid with a firearm, and the serial number is traced back to me, and the ATF is knocking at the door my door, I have something to hand them. " On this date I sold this firearm tothis person" If you aren't supposed to own or posses a firearm, that is your problem, not mine.

If you have nothing to hide, what is the problem. All I ever asked for was a date and a signature.

I've had dealings with the ATF, They don't call them "Special" Agents for nothing. lol

Those idiots actually wanted me to prove ownership of my weapons that were stolen from me.
I told them that if the thugs didn't steal them from me, then they could just turn the thugs loose, because no crime had been committed.

A little "authority" can be a dangerous thing.

As far as the BOS BS, If you do your trading through PMs, that's all the evidence you'll ever need to prove you sold or traded a firearm.:shocked:
Do you also require a BOS when you buy a firearm? Did you know it's a crime to be in possession of stolen property?:doh:

By the way, I skip over all BOS show me ads. Paranoid people make me paranoid.:wacko:

I have to agree with Bypass on this one.
I have to agree with Bypass on this one.
If you are a responsible gun owner, you shouldn't gear a bos. They have a lot of useful info on them. Who, what and how much. It God forbid, one you bought is found to be stolen, you at least have a bit of proof that could help you out. If you don't want to do a bill of sale, don't, but I won't buy or sell to you.

If you are a responsible gun owner, you shouldn't gear a bos. They have a lot of useful info on them. Who, what and how much. It God forbid, one you bought is found to be stolen, you at least have a bit of proof that could help you out. If you don't want to do a bill of sale, don't, but I won't buy or sell to you.

LOL! I buy BOSs by the roll, be happy to tear some off for you if you need extras!

I've had dealings with the ATF, They don't call them "Special" Agents for nothing. lol

Those idiots actually wanted me to prove ownership of my weapons that were stolen from me.
I told them that if the thugs didn't steal them from me, then they could just turn the thugs loose, because no crime had been committed.

A little "authority" can be a dangerous thing.

As far as the BOS BS, If you do your trading through PMs, that's all the evidence you'll ever need to prove you sold or traded a firearm.:shocked:
Do you also require a BOS when you buy a firearm? Did you know it's a crime to be in possession of stolen property?:doh:

By the way, I skip over all BOS show me ads. Paranoid people make me paranoid.:wacko:

Interesting points. I watched the video. I used to do the bill of sale thing to appease my ex wife when we were married. The last several transactions I have made on here I have not ask for one . I like the statement "paranoid people make me paranoid" LMAO, you should have met my ex wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom