• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

time to cut my losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite frankly it's nobody's business why I am selling it on CL and if you must know dump means don't want to spend any more money on the truck mainly because I don't have it to spend not that it is a POS if I had to spend I would finish.. restoring.. as far as the top end rattle it only occurs under very hard acceleration normal driving no issue..

all I can say is none of you have to buy the truck..

I would bet money it's better shape then most of pre 90s trucks...

It sort of became our business when you posted the thread and asked for feedback - then posted the Craigslist ad link...

To be completely honest I would dump it. Even if it was in 100% working order I would dump it. It is a ugly 1980s half ton, 2 wheel drive, gas powered short bed. It's not a classic, it's not anything especially desirable and besides being 30 years old is nothing special.

I really don't ever see anyone wanting to do a resto project on it.

To be completely honest I would dump it. Even if it was in 100% working order I would dump it. It is a ugly 1980s half ton, 2 wheel drive, gas powered short bed. It's not a classic, it's not anything especially desirable and besides being 30 years old is nothing special.

Winner!

yeah the 80s bodies were not for everyone they are gaining in popularity, I have owned several and like them... truth be told I like 70s models better..

Every time we get one of these body style Ford trucks it sells in a hurry and for good money. Even the long bed trucks will bring decent money if they're clean. The F series is THE # 1 selling truck for the last 30+ years. So I would venture to say that someone wants it no matter what color it is. It may not be " Classic" to some of you but you have to remember that there are lots of kids driving now that were born in the 80s and 90s that think this and the 70s body style Ford and Chevy trucks are old "Classic" trucks. Sure they aint anything close to the 49 F1 and the 55 Apache taking up space in my carport now. But these 70s/80s truck need a lot less work to be drivable and highway safe.
These trucks along with C10s are the next big thing. In the coming years these will be the trucks generation Y will be looking for on eBay and auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom