time limit to sue about injuries after a car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit is 2 years. The other guys are correct, DO NO SPEAK TO THEM! They can ask you a simple "how are you doing" and turn your answer against you in court.

I'd tear the letter up and throw it in the trash. If there is no lawsuit filed, then no lawsuit exists. If suit was filed, I'd let the insurance company take care of it. No insurance company, then hopefully you have access to a good lawyer.

I'd tear the letter up and throw it in the trash. If there is no lawsuit filed, then no lawsuit exists. If suit was filed, I'd let the insurance company take care of it. No insurance company, then hopefully you have access to a good lawyer.

THIS!!...Unless you are served with legal papers.......then someone is trying to run a number on you.

Not trying to be a lawyer here but don't ignore the letter, do as I said earlier turn it over to your agent and let them handle it. You'll probably get a letter from the plantiffs lawyer also wanting you to list your assets, income, place of employement etc. Don't talk to them or fill out "anything" they send, give it to your agent, he'll pass it on to the company lawyer. In all likleyhood there just in a search pattern seeing if your worth chasing and as stated before chances are you'll never hear anything else. Ignoring or tearing it up will come back to haunt you.

Not trying to be a lawyer here but don't ignore the letter, do as I said earlier turn it over to your agent and let them handle it. You'll probably get a letter from the plantiffs lawyer also wanting you to list your assets, income, place of employement etc. Don't talk to them or fill out "anything" they send, give it to your agent, he'll pass it on to the company lawyer. In all likleyhood there just in a search pattern seeing if your worth chasing and as stated before chances are you'll never hear anything else. Ignoring or tearing it up will come back to haunt you.

the person who received the letter gave it to their insurance company so is is not a problem for the person anymore and insurance companies issue now

i started this thread due the receiving of this letter one year later seem wrong to me

Last edited:
the person who hypothetically received the letter gave it to their insurance compant so hypothetically is is not a problem for the person anymore and insurance companies issue now

i started this thread due the hypothetical receiving of this letter one year later seem wrong to me

Whoever name the vehicles is in and the driver; YES its their problem until the case is settled, they may seek and win more than covered by insurance purchased, then quess who has to pay the difference. Just because you have insurance does'nt mean the company will cover everything, they have limits stated in your policy. Sorry I'm out of here, too many hypotheticals makes my head hurt. LOL

Last edited:

one thing i learned is that if you pay as bill to the electric company and dont save the evidence you paid it they can come back at you, you should keep all official type letters for two years i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom