• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tie dye SKS stock......Green?????

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
Ok so a buddy gave me an SKS stock he had laying around. It had been rough sanded and missing all metal parts. So I figured this would be a decent stock to play around with.

I bought a $4.99 bottle of Tie dye mix, add water and shake type. The premixed is nothing more than paint. I tested it on a scrap price of walnut from a cut down 30/30 just to get an idea of what it will look like. So here are pics so far.

I was thinking with the SKS stock being a little darker wood it might not be as bright a green but who knows. And if so it will be Zombie killer green!!!

First coat is on. Initial impression is where wood is heavy in oil stains it does not take well lol. But this stock is to play with so no loss. It has some heavy gouges to begin with.

I just applied the second coat and going to wait for it to dry out before doing a light sanding and going into a third coat. Since this stuff is water based there is the chance it will raise the grain again.

The hulk would be proud of your color choice. Now put a shiney finish on it, list it as a custom assault weapon stock, and add a pmag for the cheap price of $500 one-bay.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom