• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's the service manager. Names maeghan. She has placks and awards all over. Ask for her and say her boyfriend sent you. She'll hook you up

If you can do third shift - Kroger. I do it for gun income and exercise. Stocking. Not a hard job and it's weekly income. You're working 10-6 or 11-7 depending on the night. You move around a lot but that's about it.

We're hiring down in my parts, but they're hiring at your location too. Check online at jobs.kroger.com

10% employee discount on almost all Kroger brand items too, and the discount applies to all 20 something Kroger owned companies. 401k matching, etc. Pay is, well, crap but there is room for advancement if you're a good worker.

If you're willing to move to the coast as in Savannah, Brunswick, Jacksonville you can walk right into a better than average job at the ports. Google a TWIC badge which is an ID badge issued I think by the feds and gets you into most ports. In Brunswick they off load and inspect new Subarus,Jaguar, Land Rover,BMW Mercedes and Kia. Plenty of work to be had. The TWIC badge will cost you about $150.00 to get and about 10 days waiting on it. So if you can relocate down this way there's decent paying work to be had.

Try any landscape/ lawn maintenance company. They are all desperate for someone to apply. You seem to be one of the rare ones these days, IF you work hard and can learn, you could make a good living as you move up in a company. You would have very little competition, bunch of lazy ****ers out there.

I'm willing to learn anything. Really wish I can make more money. Right now I make $15 an hour.

That's pretty broad, for example I hear male prostitutes make a lot of money.

You first need to decide what you want to do and run towards it, not just run away from where you are. Do you like cooking? Would you rather work outside? Do you enjoy turning wrenches? Do you like working with your hands? Do you want an office job? Do you want to work weekends / nights? Only you know these answers and I recommend picking an industry first.

You can make that. It's gonna take some time (to make great money), but think about it as an investment in your own future.
Plumber
Electrician
HVAC
Mason
Anything working with your hands.
All these trades are shrinking, when it comes to labor. Kids all wanna go to college, which isn't bad, but it's leaving a huge void in the trades.
Again, do some research, find someone that'll teach you and you'll be on your way.

all of these are great option! I would also look at welding. my brothers best friend is your age and started getting into about two years ago, he now makes a decent living and gets all the hours he wants. very in demand right now

Yeah, I knew two guys who did welding. One made $100,000 a year, traveling around the world and welding on oil rigs and ships at sea.
Another did welding in a shop in South Carolina, making the metal framework for signs and billboards. That was good work, something like $25 an hour, but when the contract with the sign companies ran out, his welding shop had to lay him off. Then he went to some other metal working shop and learned to run drills and lathes.

I don't think there's much money in cooking. Restaurants generally don't care about your talent and are not willing to pay anything extra for talent.
They just need somebody who can follow the formula mandated by the company and knows the difference between salt and sugar, and won't dip his finger in the soup to taste it.

Learning a trade would be good, and this is the right time to do it. Start as an apprentice and work during the day, and go to a community college 2 nights a week to get a certificate or degree for that career. Study on weekends.

If you can learn Spanish, that will help you a lot, since many of the people you encounter on a job site will speak Spanish, possibly their only language. If you want to be a manager over a crew one day, you'll need to know Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom