• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on Sony Playstation 4

exaquaman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
I have been a gamer since the invention of Atari 2600. I love video games, and probably will until the day I die. My platform of choice is the PS3. I was disappointed last night when Sony did not unveil the new console. I think that they are waiting to see what the people at Microsoft are planning before releasing photos of the PS4. What are your thoughts on the next evolution of gaming?

I think it's too early to say just yet. Console gaming seems to be in a bit of a slump of late, however. I would like to see Sony take the spotlight back from Microsoft this go-round.

I've got one of first run PS3s with the SD card slot and PS2 compatibility. I rarely ever play games on it anymore, except for FIFA. I use it mostly as a Blu-Ray. the web browser on it is absolutely pathetic, and unless the PS4 has a usable browser and other non-gaming features, I won't even consider buying one. I think the console market slowed down because the last generation of gamers grew up and for the most part don't have the time to play today's immersive, time-consuming games. Apple and Android have the casual gamer market cornered, and with both Google and Apple set to allow developers access to their TV platforms, that's only goign to grow more. That leaves the PS3/Xbox catering to semi to hardcore gamers, which are typically 18-20-somethings with a lot of time on their hands. I think Sony and Microsoft are missing the boat by not allowing programmers to develop games like the mobile platforms do. Or perhaps they've already missed it and it wile be interesting to see if they can recover.

I've got one of first run PS3s with the SD card slot and PS2 compatibility. I rarely ever play games on it anymore, except for FIFA. I use it mostly as a Blu-Ray. the web browser on it is absolutely pathetic, and unless the PS4 has a usable browser and other non-gaming features, I won't even consider buying one. I think the console market slowed down because the last generation of gamers grew up and for the most part don't have the time to play today's immersive, time-consuming games. Apple and Android have the casual gamer market cornered, and with both Google and Apple set to allow developers access to their TV platforms, that's only goign to grow more. That leaves the PS3/Xbox catering to semi to hardcore gamers, which are typically 18-20-somethings with a lot of time on their hands. I think Sony and Microsoft are missing the boat by not allowing programmers to develop games like the mobile platforms do. Or perhaps they've already missed it and it wile be interesting to see if they can recover.

I'm the same way. It took me forever to get the PS3 and I don't think I'll jump on the PS4. Heck, my favorite game is still Modern Warfare 2. It's mostly a BluRay player/ Netflix machine. And my girls like Little Big Planet when they're here.

My son and I are gamers, but prefer PC to console. Graphics, speed, servers and unlimited options makes it so much better. There is no limit to where gaming can go or where it can take us. Look at the drone pilots today...really just an extension of a gaming environment in real time.

BTW...I was first on my block to have the old Atari! (Pong baby!)

The boys at play.jpg

My thoughts are if its going to be $600 it's not going to do so well. You can build a gaming rig for that much. I may be wrong but thats why I never bought a PS3 when they came out.

wonder if it would play PS3 games..... Just more to buy with 4 kids
You are supposed to be able to stream PS3 games.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts are if its going to be $600 it's not going to do so well. You can build a gaming rig for that much. I may be wrong but thats why I never bought a PS3 when they came out.
Word is that the unit is going to cost in the $250-$350 range.

My son and I are gamers, but prefer PC to console. Graphics, speed, servers and unlimited options makes it so much better. There is no limit to where gaming can go or where it can take us. Look at the drone pilots today...really just an extension of a gaming environment in real time.

BTW...I was first on my block to have the old Atari! (Pong baby!)

View attachment 165031
PC games do rock! I have wasted many hours on WOW. I guess that the direction that I am hoping that consoles take! Great pic. It bring many classic late 70's- early 80's memories back!

- - - Updated - - -

Word is that the unit is going to cost in the $250-$350 range.[/QUOTE] That would be nice

PC games do rock! I have wasted many hours on WOW. I guess that the direction that I am hoping that consoles take! Great pic. It bring many classic late 70's- early 80's memories back!
I have wasted so many hours on WoW I dont even want to think about it. I could have learned 3 languages, and learned to fly in the same amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom