• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on a Vortex Strikefire Red Dot

I stopped by academy today and looked at the Vortex Strikefire. Ive heard really good things about this sight and also the company's customer service and VIP warranty. Sight looks well built and i really like the Green/Red option plus Nvision mode.

Just wanna hear from some of you guys on your experience with this sight and if its really the best bang for the buck. I can't afford an Apoint or EOTech. Cant Justify spending $400-500 at this point and time. Plus i have 2 AR's and a M&P15-22 that need an optic sooner or later. just looking for the best reliable option that can stay Zeroed on a 5.56/.223
You are welcome to meet me at the range one day and try mine

I have one I bought from PSA about a year ago for around $135.00. Love it. I cowitness it with my iron sights and I have astigmatism,but if I look through the peep sight and go to the small dot,then it works perfectly. I also have the Cmr 201 rail master and I lined up the laser on top of the front iron sight. All three are zeroed.

I have astigmatism and Im also at the bifocal age. The key to minimize the "cluster" if you have astigmatism is to properly use it with both eyes open and look through it to the target itself and not stare at the dot. Like you said, dont want it to be on a higher setting than you need either. It may still be present but its less noticeable looking through it rather than an it.

Like slick said, using a rear iron sight with the peep hole can minimize the effect that an astigmatism has on the red dot.

Ok. I have a legitimate complaint about the Strikefire. It can be a pain in the rear to get the dang lens caps back on.....This to some people means the end of the world.

If you are thinking of buying 3 different sights now based on peoples suggestions why not just save up for an aimpoint?

Ok. I have a legitimate complaint about the Strikefire. It can be a pain in the rear to get the dang lens caps back on.....This to some people means the end of the world.
This is true, another minor complaint is how easy it is to hit the power button and turn the thing on by accident, anyone know if it has a auto turn off feature? i would guess so as i haven't run out of batter on mine yet.

The Strikefires are great red dots, solid, reliable and good bang for the buck.

Same can't always be said of the Vortex Sparc units though. They seem to have a lot of issues... maybe one reason the CS at Vortex gets so much attention.

Back
Top Bottom