THIS is why Mossberg is superior...

I purchased a new from BCM DMR 410 stainless ( not 410 guage but 410 grade Stainless in 5.56. It's the same barrel some military DMR barrels are. Built to spec.. It would only cycle lakeside 5.56 ammo or any other green tip ammo. Wouldn't feed Hornady, Federal, Black Hills or any other 5.56 or .223. I imagine it just needed the chamber cleaned up. That barrel cost a good bit of cabbage 400 dollar range. Moral of the story is no matter how great the company is you go with you will eventually run into a hick up.

I inherited the Shockwave from my late stepfather. I was with him when he bought it at Howard's Pawn in 2019. I told him maybe he should get the 20 gauge. He wasn't hearing it. But if he had ever fired this thing it surely would have landed across the room.
The 20 gauge shockwave aint fun either. OK with light field load.
Put good buck in there. Nope.

Everyone's experience is different. You got a bad one. I'm not saying no company puts out every item perfect. You are right that they're clones. But as the saying goes "A copy will never be better than the original". The cheaper parts have less quality, loose tolerances, VERY MINIMAL quality control, etc.

There is truth to that. But all the YouTube videos I have seen were positive on the Turkish shotguns .

I am partially guilty of just about buying one of those cheap shotguns. I actually ordered one from Buds Gun Shop. Right after I ordered it I walked through the classifieds once again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I found a FN Police Tactical Shotgun. Had ghost ring sights with ports in front of the front sight post and after the sight post. I immediately canceled the order. The FN is smooth as butter and shoots like a dream. I had ordered two guns and cancelled both to get the better gun.

I had a Mossberg with adj. stock, ghost ring sights, ports and a strap on the pump. I had been looking for one just like it for a couple years but couldn't find one. The FN was the closest in features and is a finer gun IMHO.

I usually prefer that tang mounted safety on Mossbergs but on the Shockwave it just digs into the web of your hand. Maybe I need a Maverick 88 Shockwave.
And learn to shoot it one handed….without crying !!:Cry: :pound:
A pistol brace makes the Shockwave much more enjoyable but the safety location would still be an issue. SBS that sucker and be done with it IMHO. $200 well spent.
Shockwave-SBA3.jpg

590SBS.JPG

Back
Top Bottom