• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking of going bow only

Status
Not open for further replies.
z7 and z7x are the most over rated bows ever produced.

Really? I've only shot a few compound bows so I can honestly say that although it seemed nice I don't have the compound experience to know what would be great, good, or crap.
I'm a longbow hunter (not the kind that turn their nose at the compound guys) so that's my real bag.

Some nice Diamond packages(Outlaw, Fugitive) in that price range. The Redhead Blackout is made by Diamond, too. I got the Diamond Outlaw package for around $450 due to it being a display bow. Diamond is owned by Bowtech and they make some really nice bows. I love mine. Light, smooth, fast, accurate. I've shot several Diamonds and several bows from other companies(Mathews, Bear, PSE, Martin). Every Diamond Bow I've shot has been really smooth, some of the bows from the other companies were pretty smooth too, but not all of them.

z7 and z7x are the most over rated bows ever produced.

I'll put my z7 extreme up against and bow out there I had a carbon element that creaked when I drew back and Hoyt said that was common "really an 1100$ bow is supposed to creak, the z7 extreme is silent, fast, compact, and accurate. I don't know what your looking for in a bow if these things are overrated ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348699926.313027.jpg

I'm not saying they're not, what's overrated about the z7 extreme?

its not the "end all be all" bow that mathews marketing team has everyone thinking. it is a good bow no doubt, but it isnt anything really special.

--everyone raves about the draw cycle, but it feels identical to the browning i hunted with 4 years ago.

--everyone goes on about how quiet it is, ANY modern bow will be quiet when setup and dampened correctly. my alphaburner is plenty quiet to get the job 4 times so far this season.

--the weight is supposed to be impressive, as far as i can tell its on the good side of mediocre.

its not the "end all be all" bow that mathews marketing team has everyone thinking. it is a good bow no doubt, but it isnt anything really special.

--everyone raves about the draw cycle, but it feels identical to the browning i hunted with 4 years ago.

--everyone goes on about how quiet it is, ANY modern bow will be quiet when setup and dampened correctly. my alphaburner is plenty quiet to get the job 4 times so far this season.

--the weight is supposed to be impressive, as far as i can tell its on the good side of mediocre.

Yeah cause Hoyt doesn't market or talk about their speed or quietness,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom