Thinking of going bow only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerhouse

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
The thought hit me earlier in the summer and I think I'm going to hang the rifle up. I have hunted with a bow in the past, usually as a way to scout before gun season but haven't been in 7-8 years.

Obviously my equipment is old and I would like to update it, the new bows are more compact and much faster than mine. I've been looking at ready to shoot packages from several different companies, I think a package deal would work out best for me, and would like to hear from anyone with experience with them.

Currently looking at the Bear Mauler, PSE Bowmadness XS and Martin Prowler. They are all in the price range I want to stay in, and are relatively short axle to axle which is a must to me. Any opinions or help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
bass pro shop in macon has the redhead kronic bows for $300 in the return section. people buy them, hunt opening week of bow season, decide that it isnt as easy as hunting with a gun, then return them to bass pro. bass pro then sells them at about half price.

killer price on a good bow.

bass pro shop in macon has the redhead kronic bows for $300 in the return section. people buy them, hunt opening week of bow season, decide that it isnt as easy as hunting with a gun, then return them to bass pro. bass pro then sells them at about half price.

killer price on a good bow.

Great idea.

I have a good buddy that shoots a Mathews Z7 Extreme and I've shot it too. It is awesome, small, light, and very deadly.

Thanks for the advice. I've looked at the Redhead bows and they are nice, but I'm really looking for advice on the three I listed. And the nearest Bass Pro is two hours away, so shopping off the rack is out of the question.

Regardless of which one you choose, you will find things you would like to change. Get it set up for you and enjoy. I catch flack for using an old pse firestorm, but I can hit a cd sized target at 100 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom