Thinking of a full leveling kit for my 02 silverado 4x4. thoughts? pics added before & aft

Why not just raise the front with the torsion bars (if that year has em). It only needs to go up 2" I believe and it won't effect the alignment enough to worry about. Actually if you go over 1.5" you need to realign so I'd raise it with the torsion bars 1.5" and see how it looks. I think 3" is a little much.

If you get one, do it right and dont go cheap. I bought a KORE kit for my 05 ram 2500 (added 3" in front and 2" in rear). Kit came with taller coils in the front and add a leaf's/u bolts in the rear. Also came with billstein 5100's. I bought .5" longer control arms and an adjustable carli track bar to allow for proper suspension travel and steering/alignment. My big piece of advice is just to make sure you drop the front end down all the way so you make sure your brake lines extend all the way with your added suspension travel. I had to cut some clips on mine.

Last edited:
I did it with my 01' Sierra. At first I went 3" but then backed it down to 2.5" because the torsion springs stiffness was too much at 3". Noticeably better at 2.5".
I raised the rear an inch with a block and got a U-bolt flip kit so the ends didn't hang down. You can't tell hardly by looking, but the ride is much better a tad less maxed out in front. I also installed longer 5100 Bilsteins. No brake line issues.
Of course alignment and tires and it's been solid. No complaints, other than I'd love to do a solid axle swap.

the kit i used has 2" blocks in rear and re-indexed torsion key in frontand came with shocks , and after i adjusted the keys out and found the height I was hunting it wound up with about 2 1/4 in front with new torsion keys .and rides alot better than did before .Heck I'm happy with

I ordered a leveling kit for my 1999 silverado from rough country it included the keys levers and 4 rough country shocks for 199.00 have been pleased with the kit. The only thing I do not like it if you tighten the keys to much it will take away from the ride and make the front end very stiff . Anytime you raise the torsion bars it does ride rougher.

Back
Top Bottom