• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There are Steals And Deals ... Some are Artist!

Freebird

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I wanted to share my experience with fellow ODT patrons. I recently purchased a surplus Beretta 92s online sight unseen. Good condition mechanically, but very worn finish. This was exactly what I wanted since I had plans to have it Cerakoted to resemble the new Beretta M9A3. I had a tough decision on colors since I wanted this 92s not to be an exact copy, but a strong resemblance using FDE and Multicam Green. I choose to reblue the safety, hammer, slide release, mag release and trigger bar myself using Formula 40/40 Cold Blue which worked remarkably well. For the Cerakote application I took my Beretta to Thomas at Shadow Hunter Concepts in Snellville, Georgia. Thomas was very helpful, answered all my questions and was running a Fourth of July 20% off special. I left my disassembled Frame, Slide and Barrel with him to work his magic. The man is a true artist and Certified Cerakote Applicator. Thomas worked his magic and today I picked up my new looking parts. I finished my reassembly and I could not be happier! Thomas is a member of ODT and that's how I found out about his service. Here are the before and after pics.

That’s the best deal going right now . I snagged a old beretta 92 myself and it’s been flawless . It came just in time too as my old 92G finally gave out with a cracked slide . I could buy another 92 cheaper than just the slide .

Only modification I did was to add my threaded barrel. I do miss my 92G tho. The frame was brought back to life with my 22 kit . I was going to refinish mine but I like abusing it . I need a mini uzi refinished so I’m going to give him a shot .

A712C4A5-5A08-4F1F-919B-41F06CEDC660.jpeg
97F4166D-485E-4E55-8F42-F23638D084EC.jpeg

That’s the best deal going right now . I snagged a old beretta 92 myself and it’s been flawless . It came just in time too as my old 92G finally gave out with a cracked slide . I could buy another 92 cheaper than just the slide .

Only modification I did was to add my threaded barrel. I do miss my 92G tho. The frame was brought back to life with my 22 kit . I was going to refinish mine but I like abusing it . I need a mini uzi refinished so I’m going to give him a shot .

View attachment 1693526 View attachment 1693527
Sorry to hear about the cracked frame. They say not to use +P ammo which I never do, but almost purchased some by accident the other day. I hope my frame never cracks, but Excellant idea on 22 conversion kit. Hope one day to own a can, but it's got to be more affordable for me.

Back
Top Bottom