• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The thing I'm most 'scared' of in the woods....

You don’t have to worry about lime disease. The tick that carry’s it does not live this far south(Ga). The only thing you would have to worry about is the meat allergy. I pick wild blackberries every year and pull hundreds off Each season. Never gotten sick.
That is totally wrong my son has limes disease got right here in Ga. Lot of misinformation about it.

That is totally wrong my son has limes disease got right here in Ga. Lot of misinformation about it.
The “bullseye” around the bite area does not always show in Lyme cases too. Lots of folks don’t realize that they’ve had it when they got it.
The calf cramps and joint pain were the worst I’ve ever felt. I’m still having issues with the joint damage to this day.

You don’t have to worry about Lyme disease. The tick that carry’s it does not live this far south(Ga). The only thing you would have to worry about is the meat allergy. I pick wild blackberries every year and pull hundreds off Each season. Never gotten sick.
ahhh no.. the brown deer tick is notorious for causing Lyme disease and one of my good buddies was the first to receive the experimental cure here in Ga. in the early 90s..A terrible disease that almost cost him his life.

Not to give you any more nightmare fuel but seed ticks are something I had never heard of before this spring. Wife & I had been hiking & anytime we went thru vegetation checked for ticks

After getting home & showering she asked me to look at some spots she had on her hip. They looked almost like little moles or flecks that wouldn't come off. Got some magnifying glasses & saw they were ticks.

Apparently when they just hatch they are tiny & look like seeds or just spots of dirt. Had to take tweezers & wear the glasses & pulled off over 70 of the little bastards then wiped the area with alcohol.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/news/a43076/seed-ticks-bites-kids/
yep got them bad here in Calhoun by the river..thought they were chiggers..but closer look and sure enough.

And what is crazy is that although we shake off out of the woods, but then when we get home, you feel that little thing walking thru your balls...you open it up, that you have the "poli-tic".... Man! If gives me chills....just thinking of it... hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom