• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Preppers Vault Bug Out Bag discussion session

4   0
Reaction score
Hey Preppers,

We will be hosting our monthly Meetup Group March 1st at our store, and this months goal will be to help new and current bag owners with setup and organization. The entire staff will be here from 7-9pm on Friday Night to help and give you a one-on-one style question and answer spree. It doesn't matter if you are new to it or experienced, bring your gear in and help guide people who are looking to up the game.

We will provide drinks. Also our staff will have all their personal bags on display for you to go through.

Thanks,

The Preppers Vault
Store - 678-212-3015
www.thepreppersvault.com
#thepreppersvault

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm curious, I'm too poor at the moment to have a BOB of my own, but I need to learn about it so once I can get one I have a good foundation. Is it ok if folks like me stop by, get an introduction to it and some guidance?

I'm curious, I'm too poor at the moment to have a BOB of my own, but I need to learn about it so once I can get one I have a good foundation. Is it ok if folks like me stop by, get an introduction to it and some guidance?

Not only are we set up for this, we LOVE when people come in. If the staff can't help guide you in whatever direction you end up deciding on. I will personally come in and help answer questions.

Also we have a monthly meetup group designed exactly for this and more! It is as indepth as you want to go and free to attend. Its the first friday of the month, from 7pm-9pm.

- The Preppers Vault

like him or not, Dave Canterbury has a series of video called Bulletproof bushcraft on a budget... you might watch a few of those to at least help you get started. Most of the things he lists can be bought at dollar general for very cheap. The best inexpensive bag to start with would be a simple large size military alice pack.

Here is a link to the videos:

Don't forget, Goodwill is a great place to find some good buys.....I have found 2 packs that both retail for over $125 each and paid less than $10 each for them. Like sunderwood said.....the Dollar Store has lots of great basic items that you will need.

Don't forget, Goodwill is a great place to find some good buys.....I have found 2 packs that both retail for over $125 each and paid less than $10 each for them. Like sunderwood said.....the Dollar Store has lots of great basic items that you will need.

Rex.

The videos mentioned by Sunderwood are a must watch and at SSdawg said that perfectly. Its always good to hunt down budget items and usually most people have alot of the "stuff" you need already at your house. Every now and then you have to get a new product but most of the time you can scout around and find exactly what your looking for super cheap.

That being said, we host our bug oug bag meetings and our swap gear meets for exactly that reason. We allow people to come to those events and sell their used/extra/surplus gear in the store. We fully support this idea and most of our staff is great about informing you of tricks to save!

Thanks,

Another resource for the patient and diligent is Tractor Supply. Generally speaking, they are kind of high-priced but occasionally they have these clearance bins and sell LED flashlights, folding knives, small saws, wrenches, screwdriver sets, cordage and other tools for $5 to $10. They may not be top of the line, but it's better than nothing if you're starting out. Home Depot does sometimes, too.
I bought 4 three D-cell LED flashlights there a couple of years ago for like $5 each that were on clearance. Not the best but awesome to throw in the car. About the size of a police mag lite. Had an adjustable beam and pretty bright up close (changing a tire, jumping a car off, etc.) but kind of weak far off.

So, keep an eye out for those kinds of bargains. You'd be surprised at what you can find.

(Since I mentioned the word "flashlight" how long will it be before Survivor Johnny comments?? :D;):rolleyes: )

Another resource for the patient and diligent is Tractor Supply. Generally speaking, they are kind of high-priced but occasionally they have these clearance bins and sell LED flashlights, folding knives, small saws, wrenches, screwdriver sets, cordage and other tools for $5 to $10. They may not be top of the line, but it's better than nothing if you're starting out. Home Depot does sometimes, too.
I bought 4 three D-cell LED flashlights there a couple of years ago for like $5 each that were on clearance. Not the best but awesome to throw in the car. About the size of a police mag lite. Had an adjustable beam and pretty bright up close (changing a tire, jumping a car off, etc.) but kind of weak far off.

So, keep an eye out for those kinds of bargains. You'd be surprised at what you can find.

(Since I mentioned the word "flashlight" how long will it be before Survivor Johnny comments?? :D;):rolleyes: )

I really like Harbor Freight for stuff like that too!

My wife is a thrift store junkie, over the years I have found loads of useful stuff just killing time as she looked at the clothes. Knives, old aluminum pots and pans you dont see much any more (easy to pack), belts and boots. Boots are VERY important to me, I am NOT going to be one of those jokers with rags tied around his feet because he didnt have any spare boots.

Back
Top Bottom