• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The golden age of this site is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just here to learn :)

E3FF220C-60B2-4123-ACB1-2561D98C6C8A.jpeg

You missed the swap meet.

Did very well and secured some unicorns.

Got to hang out, smoke a cigar, buy/sell/trade. Eat a hot dog. Was a great time.

Problem is I came back to the house with more than I left with. :p

Yeah, the SWAP MEET is what I needed. I had a great time. I still find good deals on ODT, especially in the accessories Thread.

Glad I was here for some of the golden years. That being said the site is what we make it. It would be pretty easy to deal only with members that have a lot of feedback or newer members that come by a long time members recommendation. Would make us kind of clickish in an annoying way but there may be an answer along a line of thought like that. I do still find good deals on here and I really haven't met anyone from ODT, new trader or not, that I wouldn't sit down and have a beer with. Prices are kind of crazy at times but that's probably due to a bunch of new folks either selling or being marketed to.

A few months ago there was some guy, first listing, trying to sell an Anderson AR with a really bad creakote job for 1100. I sent him a PM politely stating that people here weren't like people on Craigslist and actually knew enough for something like that to limit his selling/trading ability in the future with good folks. He seemed a little ruffled but it was an honest attempt to help him trade fairly and build a good reputation here. He did not relist the item.

Things like that, done privately and politely, might help develop the kind of culture here folks seem to miss. Just a thought.

You gonna be real pissed if you go to the car lot and try to buy a new truck (or a used truck). Or a new house, (or a used house) Or hell, go to Kroger and buy any damn thing that's not 30% more expensive than it was a few years ago. Let's not go down the cost of ammunition road. That just gets my BP up.

But yeah, damn this site and all the posted prices. :doh:
This man is speaking truth…the world is changing daily in every aspect and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it…other than move w/it or get left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom