• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The golden age of this site is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
half-full-water-glass.jpg

It is all in how you look at it.

eh i'd agree to some degree. thats why i dont really try to buy or sell anymore and try to focus on trades

Glad I was here for some of the golden years. That being said the site is what we make it. It would be pretty easy to deal only with members that have a lot of feedback or newer members that come by a long time members recommendation. Would make us kind of clickish in an annoying way but there may be an answer along a line of thought like that. I do still find good deals on here and I really haven't met anyone from ODT, new trader or not, that I wouldn't sit down and have a beer with. Prices are kind of crazy at times but that's probably due to a bunch of new folks either selling or being marketed to.

A few months ago there was some guy, first listing, trying to sell an Anderson AR with a really bad creakote job for 1100. I sent him a PM politely stating that people here weren't like people on Craigslist and actually knew enough for something like that to limit his selling/trading ability in the future with good folks. He seemed a little ruffled but it was an honest attempt to help him trade fairly and build a good reputation here. He did not relist the item.

Things like that, done privately and politely, might help develop the kind of culture here folks seem to miss. Just a thought.
No good deed goes unpunished. Ever.

It is still a great site, but some people are just hell bent to try and tell other people how much to sell their property for. If you don't like the price, just move on. Easy
We are living in different times for sure and prices are going to be high, some not so high but they will never be where they once were, only higher.

It is still a great site, but some people are just hell bent to try and tell other people how much to sell their property for. If you don't like the price, just move on. Easy
We are living in different times for sure and prices are going to be high, some not so high but they will never be where they once were, only higher.

Been that way from day one. I've never understood the compulsion to tell someone else what price they should sell something for.

New age…
New season…
Covid to blame, I guess.
Even in the stores, prices are totally different…

Welcome to reality….:yo::yo::yo:
BTW...meat prices are about to spike. So if yall get a chance pick up a freezer and fill that sumbitch up either at Kroger or the hunt club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom