• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the 60's must have been awesome

Well, most of the people who are replying to the thread now can't see the offensive, terrible language because a moderator (I guess) agreed with me. Like I said before, this is supposed to be a family friendly place except for the forums that allow the other stuff. I admit to checking out the non-family friendly posts at times, but not with children and teens present. I realize that words are just letters strung together, but those letters and words have meanings. Why not just use some letters in a row that aren't offensive to a lot of members, young and old alike? I'm not trying to start trouble, just stating my position on offensive language on the forum.

I'm not trying to start a fight either, I've just never understood the strong reaction to certain words by people. Again I had honestly hoped that the censor picked it up, I find "bleeps" and censored letters to have a better effect anyway.

True - a modded Pinto - but my modded Pinto had headers and a 390 4-barrell - it was pretty hot until I met one of those black/gold Vegas with the twin-cam engine - made me look like I was standing still and we were running 75 at the time - good times, boys

I have analyzed this photo, and what I have concluded from it was: Due to the particular look of this individual, and the fact that there is an oversized dandelion stuck in the ground in the background, tells me that THIS photo is absolutely from 1977.

The comprehensive conclusion from this analysis was derived from the fact that the PINK flamingo on a stick came out in 1978. For this class of people, the pink flamingo spread like wild fire in the united states. Most people in this class had their own pink flamingo/s buy the end of 1978, replacing the so late 60s artificial dandelions. So judging by the look of this individual, it appears he was keeping trendy, thus most likely owning a pink flamingo by the first quarter of 1978.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to start a fight either, I've just never understood the strong reaction to certain words by people. Again I had honestly hoped that the censor picked it up, I find "bleeps" and censored letters to have a better effect anyway.

The first amendment doesn't apply to certain words.

While I understand this is Steve's house, and respect that, I believe they probably think those letters and the sounds they make are offensive ANYWHERE. And that really is their problem, not mine.

The first amendment doesn't apply to certain words.

While I understand this is Steve's house, and respect that, I believe they probably think those letters and the sounds they make are offensive ANYWHERE. And that really is their problem, not mine.

I, for one, would like to SEE the "list" of words it does not apply to.

Well, most of the people who are replying to the thread now can't see the offensive, terrible language because a moderator (I guess) agreed with me. Like I said before, this is supposed to be a family friendly place except for the forums that allow the other stuff. I admit to checking out the non-family friendly posts at times, but not with children and teens present. I realize that words are just letters strung together, but those letters and words have meanings. Why not just use some letters in a row that aren't offensive to a lot of members, young and old alike? I'm not trying to start trouble, just stating my position on offensive language on the forum.

Try GON

Back
Top Bottom