• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The 11th plague...Spiders from the sky.

Their yellow spiderwebs are extremely-durable and a royal PITA to remove from off windshields, wiper blades and the canvas convertible tops and your face.

I run into them on the mower, and they stick like superglue. If you see them ahead of time, they are really interesting. You can "strum" on the tie down, and they will come out looking for what's the web.

I friggijg HATE them.

FIFY

They were all over here in Franklin county last year. They do build their webs kinda high but nothing like riding your 4 year old granddaughter on the 4whlr running the dogs through the woods and having to duck. Then I started carrying a broom. But next day they are back.

They were all over here in Franklin county last year. They do build their webs kinda high but nothing like riding your 4 year old granddaughter on the 4whlr running the dogs through the woods and having to duck. Then I started carrying a broom. But next day they are back.
It is amazing how quickly they can rebuild their massive webs.

A number of the Joro at my mom's place got smart and built their webs over the driveway and above the path of delivery trucks, I removed most of the trees and bushes on one side of the drive last fall, so we will see how they adapt.

"They're named for Jorōgumo, a creature of Japanese folklore that can shapeshift into a woman or spider before killing its prey."

Can we at least get women dropping from the sky?

I prefer the spiders at least they don’t nag you and killing them with fire is always a fun option

As long as they aren't poisonous we'll manage.

The way things are going, we may need them for fuel. Do they burn good enough to heat a house? :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom