• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

That's not going to happen to me...

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Until it did!! Long story short, because of previous damages done from unhealthy living/eating, I continue to pay the price. I am not getting on my high horse, but people take care of yourself before it is too late!! I'm sure some of y'all remember my 2K22 health sagas and everything was looking up. I was back to work. Regaining my strength. Eating healthy and exercising daily when I saw a tiny spot on my foot. Went to podiatrist and now 2ish month later they have removed a pinkie toe and part of the bone beside it. I will be out of work another 6 weeks minimum and pray I have a job to go back to!! I feel fine. I am getting around okay, but I do have a huge open wound so, working is out of the question.

No sir. Years of untreated diabetes.
Yikes. I'm type 2 but I'm treating it and watching my A1C for 7 years now.

Thanks for posting. If you're thirsty through the night, get your A1C checked. It costs little and could save you from a heart attack or stroke, or losing a limb.

Yikes. I'm type 2 but I'm treating it and watching my A1C for 7 years now.

Thanks for posting. If you're thirsty through the night, get your A1C checked. It costs little and could save you from a heart attack or stroke, or losing a limb.
My A1C has been in the 4s since December 2021 (it was 9.9 in November). As a mater of fact my endocronologist has cut my Metformin in half and expects to take me completely off it in August. This is all from previous damages done; not current conditions.

Until it did!! Long story short, because of previous damages done from unhealthy living/eating, I continue to pay the price. I am not getting on my high horse, but people take care of yourself before it is too late!! I'm sure some of y'all remember my 2K22 health sagas and everything was looking up. I was back to work. Regaining my strength. Eating healthy and exercising daily when I saw a tiny spot on my foot. Went to podiatrist and now 2ish month later they have removed a pinkie toe and part of the bone beside it. I will be out of work another 6 weeks minimum and pray I have a job to go back to!! I feel fine. I am getting around okay, but I do have a huge open wound so, working is out of the question.
Do take Care…
My wife is a kidney transplant recipient for 32 years now due to childhood diabetes. Constantly having skin cancers removed. Meaning anywhere from 1 spot to 3 a year due to being immunosuppressed. You have to stay vigilant.

Past several months, I had begun to feel really bad some days, to the point of not being able to function normally on the worst days.
Wife finally convinced me to go get a check up a couple of weeks ago (haven't been to, or had a regular doc in 10-15 years), and everything checked out good.........except for my blood sugar and A1C.
I've drank about a gallon of sweet tea a day for the past 3 decades and consumed way too many sweets and carbs I suppose.
Being about 5'9" and 150lbs.....diabetes was one of those things that couldn't happen to me, I thought.
This is all new for me so I'm working on figuring out what I can/can't eat, and trying to get a better A1C number in 90 days.
Had I not experienced it myself, I'd never have believed that the level of sugar floating around in blood can make or break your day, and cause so many other issues.
Doc says I may have a chance to get this under control without meds, but it will require MAJOR changes in my diet and activities.....which really sucks, because I really love potatoes, white bread, rice, and ALL the other things that are no-no's now.

Past several months, I had begun to feel really bad some days, to the point of not being able to function normally on the worst days.
Wife finally convinced me to go get a check up a couple of weeks ago (haven't been to, or had a regular doc in 10-15 years), and everything checked out good.........except for my blood sugar and A1C.
I've drank about a gallon of sweet tea a day for the past 3 decades and consumed way too many sweets and carbs I suppose.
Being about 5'9" and 150lbs.....diabetes was one of those things that couldn't happen to me, I thought.
This is all new for me so I'm working on figuring out what I can/can't eat, and trying to get a better A1C number in 90 days.
Had I not experienced it myself, I'd never have believed that the level of sugar floating around in blood can make or break your day, and cause so many other issues.
Doc says I may have a chance to get this under control without meds, but it will require MAJOR changes in my diet and activities.....which really sucks, because I really love potatoes, white bread, rice, and ALL the other things that are no-no's now.
Lots of good YouTube videos on eating keto, reduced carbs. Sugar is the enemy of good health and long life.

Back
Top Bottom