Testing an Ad change

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on an ad change I'm considering. Right now we have three ad spots, basically two at the top and one at the bottom. I'm considering going with a side ad instead of the bottom ad as it's a higher quality source and should have a lot less problems than the bottom ad seemed to have (That whole malware debacle a few weeks ago was related to the bottom ad)

If we decide to keep it around I will probably only add it to "free" accounts and leave it turned off for supporters, so supporters will just have the two at the top.

Thanks!

Hey OS, I do a lot of digital advertising. Most of the better ad networks I use don't deal with sites with below the fold ads any more because they have become a wretched hive of scum and villainy (i.e. the cheapest outlet for scammers/malware/etc). I think you're on the right path, guess we'll just have to see how it looks. :)

Hey OS, I do a lot of digital advertising. Most of the better ad networks I use don't deal with sites with below the fold ads any more because they have become a wretched hive of scum and villainy (i.e. the cheapest outlet for scammers/malware/etc). I think you're on the right path, guess we'll just have to see how it looks. :)

Pretty much! :D

Here's a screenshot at close to minimum width:

Capture.jpg

I like it.

Some forums you have to wade through a metric ton of ads to find what people posted.

My main thing has always been to keep ads out of the content, like in posts, between threads, etc. Those are the ones that I personally can't stand.

I gotta say, Okuma Steve, you are by far the most sensible and compassionate Admin (read: AWESOME) out of any forum I'm on, be it privately owned or corporate owned. Thank you for only doing things that the majority approve on or that you feel would be an improvement for us. Thank you sir!

Back
Top Bottom