• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tennessee man shot and killed during gun sale

I try to make every deal

1 In a gun related store's parking lot, kinda trumps the libs calling the cops saying they saw two guys holding a gun.
2. In day light hours
3. With my carry on
4. When possible I'll have a family member (If in the right city) watching from his/her black and white.

If you can do a deal in a gun store parking lot, in the day time you it should solve most any issues you'd have. Got this gem of an idea from a LEO.

BUY/SELL SMART!

I have a friend that went to Atlanta to get a real deal on a dirt bike. What he got was a gun stuck in his face while his 8 year old daughter was in the back seat. That was a scary $2000.00 lesson. When money or valuables are involved, be very careful !

I try to make every deal

1 In a gun related store's parking lot, kinda trumps the libs calling the cops saying they saw two guys holding a gun.
2. In day light hours
3. With my carry on
4. When possible I'll have a family member (If in the right city) watching from his/her black and white.

If you can do a deal in a gun store parking lot, in the day time you it should solve most any issues you'd have. Got this gem of an idea from a LEO.

BUY/SELL SMART!

Interesting. One of the first deals I did on ODT was with you. We met in the parking lot of Cherokee G&P in the middle of the afternoon. Worked fine. Hope you are doing well.

Do not let me mother see this article! She already called me out on doing a gun deal with someone I don't know and I am 49 for crying out loud! My one deal on here was with someone that was as new as I was. We communicated over PM, phone and text though. I got a good vibe and we met in front of Dick's sporting goods store at the Mall of Georgia at about 6 PM on Friday evening. The lot was pretty full and there was plenty of daylight. Everything went very well. I have bought and sold a lot of items off of CL and we work with a lot of real estate clients that come from CL. I have had nothing but good experiences using CL but I would never consider arranging a gun deal off of CL. That was why I was glad to find this board, this is the only place I would ever look to put a gun deal together.

Great advice from this link of the story:

'If I was dealing with someone especially over the internet who seemed entirely disinterested in the condition or the quality of the gun and far more interested in meeting up and purchasing it, that would be a huge red for me.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...guns-advertised-Craigslist.html#ixzz27U7NGOCh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting. One of the first deals I did on ODT was with you. We met in the parking lot of Cherokee G&P in the middle of the afternoon. Worked fine. Hope you are doing well.

Yes we did. I still have the rifle, but it sports a Nightforce scope, can, and new trigger now. Very nice long range shooter that hangs in there with the $3K+ rifles. I took it out west for a class and got some funny looks, at the end of the week every person in the class had asked what it was and one guy had ordered a Win just like it.

Hope all's well with you and yours.
Kilo

Avoid this by doing these three things.

1. Meet in a public parking lot that you know will have a high rate of foot traffic. (Best Buy, Wal Mart, Bass Pro...)
2. Only meet during day light hours. (if it cant til in the morning you need to work on your patience)
3. Park near the front of a store. (a lot of big electronics stores like Brandsmart pay to have cops hang out up front.)

I always obey these rules when doing any dealings on the ODT or craigslist. Its not rude. Its SMART.

Back
Top Bottom