• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tennessee man shot and killed during gun sale

Avoid this by doing these three things.

1. Meet in a public parking lot that you know will have a high rate of foot traffic. (Best Buy, Wal Mart, Bass Pro...)
2. Only meet during day light hours. (if it cant til in the morning you need to work on your patience)
3. Park near the front of a store. (a lot of big electronics stores like Brandsmart pay to have cops hang out up front.)

I always obey these rules when doing any dealings on the ODT or craigslist. Its not rude. Its SMART.

Unfortunately for the individual killed, he followed most of these rules: 1. he met during daylight hours (7p, still daylight), 2. he met in a public place (mall parking lot). However based on the crime scene photos, he did appear to park further out in the parking lot rather than near the front. He also brought along his brother to the sale, who was in the passenger seat during the killing.

Agreed, sounds like drugs but of course the brother can't tell the police that? Whenever I go out to meet someone to buy/sell or trade anything I not only follow the mentioned rules, but I wear a ballistic vest. Also the person I bring is normally someone that I train with and know they can handle a **** storm. When it's my wife I always remind her to stay alert as she's my backup, because when she's with me she tends to relax and defer to my protection. Til now nothing but great experiences but like anything your just playing the odds, because it happens to someone everyday.

Agreed, sounds like drugs but of course the brother can't tell the police that? Whenever I go out to meet someone to buy/sell or trade anything I not only follow the mentioned rules, but I wear a ballistic vest. Also the person I bring is normally someone that I train with and know they can handle a **** storm. When it's my wife I always remind her to stay alert as she's my backup, because when she's with me she tends to relax and defer to my protection. Til now nothing but great experiences but like anything your just playing the odds, because it happens to someone everyday.

You're scaring me man... A bullet proof vest... Really? I dont deal late... high noon in public places. Even the police station parking lot....

I try to do my dealing in a police station parking lot or at a hospital parking lot. And I always make my transactions at the back of my vehicle while my rider is facing backwards with a long gun laid in between the front seats facing the same direction. But what few deals I've done with ODT members has been rather pleasant but I have had some dealings and offers from some shady Craigslist folks though.

I try to do my dealing in a police station parking lot or at a hospital parking lot. And I always make my transactions at the back of my vehicle while my rider is facing backwards with a long gun laid in between the front seats facing the same direction. But what few deals I've done with ODT members has been rather pleasant but I have had some dealings and offers from some shady Craigslist folks though.

A police station sounds like a pretty good idea, would ward off most unsavory characters to begin with. Have you had any interference from the police when selling guns in their parking lot?

No I just give them a heads up so they can have my back if needed. And if the other person isn't willing to meet at said location then you might want to reconsider your trade.

Back
Top Bottom