• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Temps right, game on!

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
Been thinking about this and now that I have some time, I wanted an old standby favorite during the colder weather just starting..I am trying a new experiment and hope it goes well, I added 1/2 Beef Stock and 1/2 water..Now to cook and stir all day..Keeping my fingers crossed...First the all night Soak.......
butterbeans1.jpg

butterbeans2.jpg

Added some of the ingredients, Bacon, Vidalia onion, chopped garlic, Beef Broth, Pepper, Salt, Butter and Coarse Garlic
butterbeans.jpg

Now Game on...

You missing it boss. The soup is made from cut up turnip roots, parsnip, carrots and bacon/salt pork. Seasoned to taste. It's British "comfort food" from WWI. Popular in the trenches.
Turnips never been popular around me. Never in holiday dishes and my family never married any undesirables or Yankees, so I've never even seen a dish with them in it. We eat turnip greens all the time. Is that the greens from the top of a turnip?
Always thought a turnip was like a radish, which I've had but nobody eats those around me either. Not sure I know what a parsnips is either.

You a spy?

Turnips never been popular around me. Never in holiday dishes and my family never married any undesirables or Yankees, so I've never even seen a dish with them in it. We eat turnip greens all the time. Is that the greens from the top of a turnip?
Always thought a turnip was like a radish, which I've had but nobody eats those around me either. Not sure I know what a parsnips is either.

You a spy?
Turnip greens is what rich folks up in North Georgia "dine" on.

Poor dirt scratchers in Middle Georgia eat the roots.

You missing it boss. The soup is made from cut up turnip roots, parsnip, carrots and bacon/salt pork. Seasoned to taste. It's British "comfort food" from WWI. Popular in the trenches.
I've done Collards and Muster Greens with vidalias, with a slab of salt pork..But never turnips or carrots...I like a good mild chow chow with them, added when a eat a bowl full

You a spy?

Turnips are a acquired taiste. Go best with a strong flavor of meat. I never really got into eating them. But cornbread is a must have with them.

Back
Top Bottom