• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus PT945

MrJonnyTone

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I traded in a Taurus PT945. I have a love for the Taurus metal frame guns, especially the one with the stupid key lock safety. The model I have is a stainless. The finish has seen better days, but I got this knowing it wasn’t a safe queen. It’s kind of like if you put a 92 series action on a commander 1911. The double action pull was kind of long but smooth, and the single action was crisp and light. No idea about the pull weight but it was feels like it’s been smoothed out with many trigger pulls. The reset was very short, audible and tactile. Every new gun I get, I always first shoot at it at 7 yards to get a sense of how it shoots. Plus I’m not that good of a shot. I used one of those “handgun diagnostic” targets you can print out to see I did. Very impressed with her. Even with the first double action, I was still hitting inside the center. After about 15 rounds, pretty much blew the center of the target out that I had to start shooting different spots. I’m not ashamed to say that this is my favorite 45 I’ve shot and is one of the most accurate handguns I’ve ever owned. The few gripes that I have are that there isn’t much aftermarket support. Surprisingly, the Safariland ALS Holster for the Sig Sauer P226/P220 fits. Promag makes the only other magazines for it. There are also a few aftermarket grips you can get. Say what you want about Taurus, I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them (including a PT92, PT111 G2, & 617). It sucks that they are discontinued. But I love mine.

A few weeks ago I traded in a Taurus PT945. I have a love for the Taurus metal frame guns, especially the one with the stupid key lock safety. The model I have is a stainless. The finish has seen better days, but I got this knowing it wasn’t a safe queen. It’s kind of like if you put a 92 series action on a commander 1911. The double action pull was kind of long but smooth, and the single action was crisp and light. No idea about the pull weight but it was feels like it’s been smoothed out with many trigger pulls. The reset was very short, audible and tactile. Every new gun I get, I always first shoot at it at 7 yards to get a sense of how it shoots. Plus I’m not that good of a shot. I used one of those “handgun diagnostic” targets you can print out to see I did. Very impressed with her. Even with the first double action, I was still hitting inside the center. After about 15 rounds, pretty much blew the center of the target out that I had to start shooting different spots. I’m not ashamed to say that this is my favorite 45 I’ve shot and is one of the most accurate handguns I’ve ever owned. The few gripes that I have are that there isn’t much aftermarket support. Surprisingly, the Safariland ALS Holster for the Sig Sauer P226/P220 fits. Promag makes the only other magazines for it. There are also a few aftermarket grips you can get. Say what you want about Taurus, I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them (including a PT92, PT111 G2, & 617). It sucks that they are discontinued. But I love mine.

I bought a Taurus PT945, about 4 months ago. I love it. The guy who had it bought 2 and put them in his closest never fired them so He sold me one that is gorgeous Burgandy and Black. Everyone who fires it ask me if it's for sale. I love the Gun it came with the box papers and two mags.

I bought a Taurus PT945, about 4 months ago. I love it. The guy who had it bought 2 and put them in his closest never fired them so He sold me one that is gorgeous Burgandy and Black. Everyone who fires it ask me if it's for sale. I love the Gun it came with the box papers and two mags.

The one I got just came with the mag, but I’ve been able to find 6 more mags for it. This is probably one gun I’ll never get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom