• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus PT111 Millennium 9mm will not fire !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be contacting the guy from on here that sold you the gun and he would be paying for whatever came out of your pocket.. just the way i see it.. bc if it has not been shot since you got the gun he knows it then

used guns don't have a warranty. especially 'weeks' after a trade. its all he said/ she said after that. whos to say it wasn't fine before?

WOW!!! Bought a gun for defense and didn't fire it?!?!?!?!?!? Not trying to rip on you or him, but firing a gun is one of the first things I do when I get it. At least do a function test to include dry firing, slide lock, lockup (battery), mag function (insertion/extraction) and cycle some dummies through it. Dan-ger-ous!

Just for the heck of it check and see if the internal trigger lock hasn't been locked. If it has one. I'm not sure if that model locks the trigger or firing pin.

David

used guns don't have a warranty. especially 'weeks' after a trade. its all he said/ she said after that. whos to say it wasn't fine before?

im not going to get into a pissing match with you.. this is what i would do if what he said is true. and what he said is it has not been fired since he got the gun and when his friend went to do so it wouldnt.. that sounds like someone trying to rip him off..

WOW!!! Bought a gun for defense and didn't fire it?!?!?!?!?!? Not trying to rip on you or him, but firing a gun is one of the first things I do when I get it. At least do a function test to include dry firing, slide lock, lockup (battery), mag function (insertion/extraction) and cycle some dummies through it. Dan-ger-ous!

whats dry firing it tell you?

Dry firing is a simple function check. If a gun dry fires but doesn't shoot then it's probably a good bet that the firing pin is not functioning. You need to be more specific about what it is or is not doing. Can you rack the slide? can you pull the trigger before or after the slide is racked. Taurus has a key lock system, is it locked/ Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro has a SA/DA trigger meaning that you can pull the trigger whether or not it has been racked, Can you? Take the slide off the gun, turn it over, depress the firing pin block and push the firing pin forward. Does the pin clear the bolt face? If so when you tried to shoot it did it dent the primer?

Trouble shoot, Trouble shoot, Trouble shoot....

I've got several taurus lock keys. I don't need them and I'd be glad to send you one to see if it's the lock. Don't really care for a gun with a lock but many are coming that way these days. May be quicker to take it to a local shop and ask them to see if the lock is engaged.

Dry firing can tell you a lot. Take for example the old test of dropping a pencil down the bore eraser first and then dry firing. It should launch the pencil skyward and out of the bore. I know it's an old test, but it will tell you if your pistol will exert enough energy through the firing pin to impact the primer, in turn discharging the pistol.

I did the pencil / dry fire test and no movement of the pencil, great advise and I'm shocked at my age that I never heard of the trick before. I've sent a PM to the seller and gotten ZERO response, I bought another from him and it is fine but the "no reply" mode makes me feel that he knew it did not fire. Taurus said send it to them and they will check it out so it is about to be shipped to them for possible warranty. Thanks for everyone's help !!

UPDATE

For the few of you who felt it necessary to look down your nose at me over this all I can say is "S#*T Happens, I bought this in good faith from a fellow ODT member and he gave me a very good price on our deal. I'm not in a pissing match with him nor do I want to be. I did contact him to allow him to have the knowledge that the weapon does not fire but I did not ask him to make good on the deal nor did I intend to. I am a bit concerned that he sent NO reply which indicates that he knew the firearm had a problem BUT- This is a used item and even if it were brand new I doubt anyone would knowingly sell a non-functioning firearm without disclosure. I only posted this to see if any of you could offer help with a fix that may be indicative to this weapon. Summary; If your of no help why chime in and/or slam a fellow ODT member you don't even know.

The very first reply (from Okuma Steve) was the best help (and a few other made the same statement) - I went online to Taurus, filled out a form - made a trip to UPS and shipped the handgun on 07/09/11 and got it back on 07/14/11 just 5 days and fully repaired under the LIFETIME TAURUS WARRANTY. My only cost was the $21.00 to ship it to them. They replaced a weak recoil spring and a cracked trigger assy.

THANK YOU TAURUS MFG for the quick customer service !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom