• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus PT111 Millennium 9mm will not fire !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli'sbook

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
351   0
Reaction score
N. E. Henry County between Stockbridge & Conyers
I bought a pre-owned Taurus PT111 Millennium 9mm off the ODT classified section a few weeks ago and sold it to a friend at my evening part time job. He has carried it for several weeks and this past weekend we went to do some shooting only to find out it will not fire !! My job was robbed at gun point by two low life thugs this past December and one of my coworkers was shot twice. He lived through it but it has caused everyone to start carrying concealed. I'm glad we found that the handgun does not work the way we did rather than in a shootout with more robbers!! I bought the gun back to keep my coworker as my friend and loaned him an old charter undercover I own until I can find him something else. I've only got income from the P.T. job since the company I worked for went under and I'm just too old to go back into law enforcement. My wife is in a major cancer battle and money is ever so tight. My question is does anyone know how to fix this without more cost? Have any of you ever heard of such a problem with the PT111? Thanks for any advise that can be offered, please I don't need to here that I could use it as a paperweight and buy a real firearm - this is tough enough with about being brow beat.................

Taurus has a lifetime warranty, should only be the cost of shipping it to them I would think.

I bought a pre-owned Taurus PT111 Millennium 9mm off the ODT classified section a few weeks ago and sold it to a friend at my evening part time job. He has carried it for several weeks and this past weekend we went to do some shooting only to find out it will not fire !! My job was robbed at gun point by two low life thugs this past December and one of my coworkers was shot twice. He lived through it but it has caused everyone to start carrying concealed. I'm glad we found that the handgun does not work the way we did rather than in a shootout with more robbers!! I bought the gun back to keep my coworker as my friend and loaned him an old charter undercover I own until I can find him something else. I've only got income from the P.T. job since the company I worked for went under and I'm just too old to go back into law enforcement. My wife is in a major cancer battle and money is ever so tight. My question is does anyone know how to fix this without more cost? Have any of you ever heard of such a problem with the PT111? Thanks for any advise that can be offered, please I don't need to here that I could use it as a paperweight and buy a real firearm - this is tough enough with about being brow beat.................

Sorry to hear that man... I like the PT111. I've never heard of that happening... what was the symptom? Broken firing pin maybe?

As you have heard, sending it to Taurus is the best way to go.

Taurus has a lifetime warranty, however you do have to pay for shipping. You may also need a bill of sale. You can also register your pt111 on taurus website. And it will make, things easier.

Taurus Life Time Warranty follow's the gun...not the owner.....the only thing Taurus will do is confirm the gun is not "in the system".....i.e. reported stolen...etc...should be able to fix the problem.

A real good lesson here.......if you acquire a new or used firearm.....one that you are going to carry and stake your life on.....best make sure it functions first.....same with changes in ammo for your EDC....make sure it functions before you carry.

Last edited:
Taurus has a lifetime warranty, however you do have to pay for shipping. You may also need a bill of sale. You can also register your pt111 on taurus website. And it will make, things easier.

i would be contacting the guy from on here that sold you the gun and he would be paying for whatever came out of your pocket.. just the way i see it.. bc if it has not been shot since you got the gun he knows it then

I had a guy approach me at the range and politely asked for some help with his millennium. He said it was brand new and had the same problem. I checked everything I could think of to no avail. I started with the lock removed and inserted mags worked the slide followed by dis assembly re assembly. I told him same as you guys send it back under warranty. I also may have bashed the brand a little as I have had problems with all their products I have owned eventually, both auto and revolvers . Never had seen one factory fresh with this type of malfunction though.
I dont mean this as a brow beating just good solid advice to solve your problem. My take on this is, get it fixed, test it, and resell it. buy something you know works every time. Warranty's don't return fire.I know money's tight but a PD trade in Glock and a trip to Smyrna is probably pretty close to the price you paid.
Good luck

What exactly is it doing (or not doing)? Just a standard FTF? Any dimple at all on the primer? I have a Taurus that doesnt like double action sometimes, light strikes if I run it after decocking. Shoots fine in SA mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom