• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus pt111 gen2 / Very Pleased

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
Ya, I buy cheap stuff sometimes but the only thang cheap bout this'un was the $160 price tag at Rome Gun & Pawn. Intruders beware this is an accurate little pistol. Hate the trigger , spongier than a Glock, kiddin, i've never even shot a Glock. but imma fix that up soon.....maybe?? I ran 50rds of rem brass thru it earlier today with no issues and the accuracy was a shocker. I aint a great shooter and my eyes go after bout 30rds. Smallest pistol i ever owned , double stack pocket pistol just sounds good to me. Was gonna trade it off but i'll prob have to keep this one. After bout 5 rds i was takin head shots on the little 3-4" guys on the target at about 7-8 yrds modestly. That's good shooting for me. Anybody else on here could prob get more out of it. That's it : NO bragging sept on the pistol. Anybody close to Rome/Kingston oughta check out Live Fire firing range hwy 293 between Kingston and Rome. Only 24yd range but its indoors and $7 for all day with Great owner, I forgot my ear plugs and he hooked me up (brass only range). Have a good one

From the reviews I've watched the G2 has the same trigger setup as my 709. I really like it even though I usually don't dig striker as much as traditional hammer fired guns. But this 709 has a super short trigger reset.
$160.00 is a killer deal on a G2 even if it's used. Hell that's a Hi Point C9 priced. BTW Taurus factory mags are kind of expensive. But from several videos I've watched I learned that there's a Significant/ Mecgar mag that works in them. It's either the P226 or 229. They will stick out a little further being 15 round mags. But more rounds is good, right?

From the reviews I've watched the G2 has the same trigger setup as my 709. I really like it even though I usually don't dig striker as much as traditional hammer fired guns. But this 709 has a super short trigger reset.
$160.00 is a killer deal on a G2 even if it's used. Hell that's a Hi Point C9 priced. BTW Taurus factory mags are kind of expensive. But from several videos I've watched I learned that there's a Significant/ Mecgar mag that works in them. It's either the P226 or 229. They will stick out a little further being 15 round mags. But more rounds is good, right?
ya , the 18 rounders out'ta my canik work in it.Thought that was odd. It was slightly used w/2 mags

I've only taken my new PT 111 generation2 to the range one time, and it gave me a couple problems. But it's brand-new, and it might need a little break-in. Or better lubrication, although it seemed to come clean and lube from the factory.

I had several malfunctions that I believe are related to ammo under power cheap imported ammo. I only had one malfunction with good CCI stuff .

I really like the size and shape of it. It's the smallest 9 mm double -stack magazine handgun I've ever held .
The owners manual says it is plus P rated, and it comes with adjustable sights. Although I must say I had to adjust my rear sight as far up as it can go, and it's still not exactly zeroed; it's shooting about 2 inches low at 50 feet. But that's close enough for a self defense pistol with a 3.25" barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5090.JPG
    IMG_5090.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 12
This is my first millennium G2. I thought that it was a gun that you could carry and double action only, or safe action. But that's not the case. You do not ever get a double action trigger pull on this pistol unless you dry fire it or experience a dud a failure -to -fire .
When you chamber around it's cocked , and the trigger pull is fairly light and short.
You cannot Decock it over a live round in the chamber .

Back
Top Bottom