Taurus pt-1911 45.

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
Taurus pt- 1911
8+1 round capacity (single stacked)
Comes in stainless, black, duo-tone, gray and black.
Heinei sights
5 inch barrel
About 600$
ambidextrious thumb safety

The Good:
its a 1911 for around 600$
looks really cool and comes stock with alot of cool features:
( polished feed ramp and ejector port) (pointed bever tail)
(Skelitonized trigger and hammer)
Has front and rear slide groves
shoots very accuratly
because of its heavy weight (espically in the front) recoil in VERY VERY minimal
did I mention it only cost about 600$?
Has ambidextrious thumb safety
like many 1911s you can customize and add new internals

The Bad:
This gun, like most 5 inch 1911s is not light. If you wanna carry it, get nice sturdy belt.
Single stack mag means only 8 rounds in the mag. Thats a big downer for me
The factory grips are plastic and feel really cheap
I have heard that people have problems with the thumb safety breaking. I did not tho.
does not break down easy! I guess iv been spoiled by glocks and other semi auto plastics but the 1911 breakdown (field strip) is like doing rocket science.
WARNING: for your first 1911 look up how to break it down and keep yourself from getting an idiot mark on your gun. If you need more into look up "idiot mark on 1911" on google images.
The mag well is flat and squared. It is not easy to pop a second mag in. I would suggest getting a ramped mag well.

Oppinions:
For my hands the slide release is too far forward. I have medium hands (maybe small)
I dont like carrying a gun cocked and locked. just looking at it intimidates me. All depends on your training.

My expierence:
This was my first 1911 and overall I dont hate it. If I had enough money and wasnt addicted to trading I would probably have kept it. Nice groups from far away and up close. Loved the recoil, not at all what I expected. I had one jam out of about 300 rounds. Not looking too far into it. Great price and great gun, even though I dont usually like Taurus. Too heavy for me to carry and too big to have on me comfortably.

add a responce if I forgot anything

Great review. Been thinking of a 1911 pretty hard. Taurus has nice looking 1911's for a good price and they supposedely have more upgrades than most other 1911 models. How was the trigger and rate of fire? Looking for something that is fast.

I traded mine for a 4-wheeler. I really enjoyed it while I had it. It definately had a better trigger than the SA MILSPEC I am currently shooting.
Hope that helps a little...

I'll be the first person to admit, I don't like taurus handguns but I can't say anything bad about the pt 1911. The one I had ran like a champ. It's one of the few Taurus handguns I actually carried and felt ok about it. Fine pistol.

Back
Top Bottom