Ammo Used:

PMC Bronze: 90gr FMJ
WWB: 90gr FMJ
Hornady XTP: 90gr JHP

Distances:

7yds
15yds
20yds

So I picked up a new Taurus TCP .380 the other day. I had the choice of this or the Ruger LCP. They were both priced at $299.00. I chose the Taurus for the following reasons. These are just my reasons- I am not pitting or asking for a debate about the quality between the two guns. I know Ruger makes a fine firearm.

1. The Taurus came with (2) mags as opposed to the Ruger (1) mag.
2. The Taurus was the same price for the Blue or Stainless, the Ruger was $50.00 more for the Stainless.
3. The Taurus came with an all Black button top- inconspicuous case, where as the Ruger with a more flashy more noticeable zippered case. The Taurus case looks less like a gun case and more like a Smart Pad/Cell Phone Case.
4. The slide on the Taurus locks back after the last round is fired, where as the Ruger does not.
5. The grip of the Taurus fit in my hand better.
6. The Taurus Lifetime Warranty. ( Which is good and I have used it in the past)
7. Prefer the Taurus Loaded Chamber Indicator.
8. Trigger guard accommodates my fat fingers better.
9. Carry’s like a wallet. Very nice and comfy in the front or back pocket.
10. Recoil was minimal.

Otherwise not a whole lot to report. The gun I have performed flawlessly, with no FTF or E thru >100 rounds. Kept very tight groups at 15 yards, and still stayed inside the target at 20 yards (though the rounds did start dropping low at this distance). Takedown and reassembly of the gun is a snap. The only bad thing about it all is that I don’t have two of them. My Wife is already eyeballing mine &#61514; Sorry, but no range pics my cell phone was in the car.

Hope this helps.

i56.tinypic.com_idbqyw.jpg

i56.tinypic.com_34s3qsx.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_dokhh1.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_257nhjm.jpg

Last edited:
Im happy so far. It was a hard choice not getting the Ruger, they had an OD Ruger LCP and it was sweet. I may have to sell of something I have and get the Ruger to have one of each.

If I ever go back to a pocket gun I will get one of these. I had the LCP and we will just say I wasn't happy with it at all. I like the way the TCP feels in my hand much better also.

If I ever go back to a pocket gun I will get one of these. I had the LCP and we will just say I wasn't happy with it at all. I like the way the TCP feels in my hand much better also.

I just picked up a TCP last week. Havent fired it yet, but should get to this weekend.

I really like mine, and I really like the fact that my Wife likes it. She does not like to carry her 9MM because she says it's to heavy. Not a problem with this gun. There were several times yesterday I was carrying around the house that I would periodically forget it was there in my pocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom