• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm

Long overdue update, still getting the slide lock issue and now also having problems with light strikes in DA mode, and some issues with the recoil rod (end is coming unthreaded and its very difficult to remove the rod from the slide during disassembly). Its going back to Taurus tomorrow then for sale after I verify that they didnt F it up more.

Sucks, I really liked this gun when I got it. Oh well, its a Taurus a guess you can't expect perfect QC.

Sent my gun out Tuesday overnight to Taurus, they received it on Wednesday. Today (thursday) I get an email saying its on the way back to me. Should I be skeptical that they fixed the four issues I sent it back for?? Hmmmmm....

Sent my gun out Tuesday overnight to Taurus, they received it on Wednesday. Today (thursday) I get an email saying its on the way back to me. Should I be skeptical that they fixed the four issues I sent it back for?? Hmmmmm....

I have gotten very fast TAT from Taurus on the last couple I have sent back, and they were repaired good. Now I have not had one as fast as yours, but the last one I did was back in 4 days and all was good. Good luck with it!

Good to know, I was expected at least a few weeks and not a few days. Going to have it out on the range on Saturday and will report back with the results.

Got it from FedEx a few minutes ago, Taurus replaced the recoil rod assembly and the slide. Recoil assembly looks good, its a new part. Slide that they gave me has obvious carry wear, lots of internal wear on the extractor and firing pin channel, horrible lockup movement on my gun, and to top it off it even has the wrong sights! I sent it in with Novak 3-dots and got back Heine straight-8's (which I hate). It looks like it has at least a few thousand more rounds through it based on bright brass ring on the bolt face and the rail wear (not to mention a previous owner that didnt care for it very well). Its going back again on Monday, had to fight for free FedEx shipping as they wanted me to pay to overnight it back to them which was not about to happen haha.

One more time, will keep yall posted.

I did, was polite about it but the lady from CS basically knew they F'd up. The carry wear wasnt too bad, just around the rear of the slide and a few long scratches on the top. The worst was the wear internally, it looked like a duty gun inside for real, and when it was assembled my barrel floated about 1/16th of an inch inside the slide.

lol, well, yeah, it IS Taurus. There is that grain of truth to all the horror stories. The 24/7 series seems to be much better than some of their other plastic autos, but are obviously not completely immune from the trouble. Honestly, the next Taurus I get will most likely be one of their metal guns.

Got it from FedEx a few minutes ago, Taurus replaced the recoil rod assembly and the slide. Recoil assembly looks good, its a new part. Slide that they gave me has obvious carry wear, lots of internal wear on the extractor and firing pin channel, horrible lockup movement on my gun, and to top it off it even has the wrong sights! I sent it in with Novak 3-dots and got back Heine straight-8's (which I hate). It looks like it has at least a few thousand more rounds through it based on bright brass ring on the bolt face and the rail wear (not to mention a previous owner that didnt care for it very well). Its going back again on Monday, had to fight for free FedEx shipping as they wanted me to pay to overnight it back to them which was not about to happen haha.

One more time, will keep yall posted.

That sucks! I figured they would make a liar out of me, after I went and bragged on them...:frusty:

Yeah I wasnt expecting them to replace the slide, was excited to see that on the invoice until i saw they replaced it with another customer's take-off. The least they could have done is give me the right sights back!

Back
Top Bottom