Talk me out of buying this..

J, dive in. You won't be sorry. And zero offense to others.... But the Cold Steel or even the mentioned customs are just flat out better than the $30 Glock Knife. I have one and have abused it. Their durability in guns does not translate to their knives. So last year when the gun crap stirred up, and I realized I have most guns I want or need, I directed my attention to custom knives. I have a good friend in Cumming that makes just a really tough, mean knife meant to be USED. I've taken his knives all over the US, used and put on his FB. If I were to break one.... He would HAPPILY replace with another of my choice. Custom knives, or even high end are just a different level of craftsmanship. I am not ashamed to say my collection has jumped into the $10,000+ range and I know the knife community well enough to know they keep their value. Get the Cold Steel. It depends on what you want to use it for. I keep a custom Karambit on my neck, usually a Microtech Troodon OTF in my pocket and a few in my backpack for dinners (cut steak) and a good SOG in my jeep by my seat. So don't be deterred by naysayers. People pay $1600 for an AR that goes bang like a $600 DPMS. Penis is still the same size....but it's their money and who am I to dictate its use?i don't get embarrassed by a $2000 Todd Begg Bodega folder. Why should I?PM me and I'll show you some money knives. Dan (FatZombie) makes a really solid knife. You should try one out.
Clearly you missed the part about talking him out of it. Sheesh.

Clearly you missed the part about talking him out of it. Sheesh.
I don't really want to be talked out of it, as much as I'm seeking opinions of this particular blade vs. its competition. A lot of people are saying "go custom", but I'm just really not feeling that.

On a somewhat related note.. I'm a little surprised that Cold Steel doesn't seem to produce any bayonets. Not that I want one.. It just seems there might be a demand for them.

I don't really want to be talked out of it, as much as I'm seeking opinions of this particular blade vs. its competition. A lot of people are saying "go custom", but I'm just really not feeling that.
Perhaps you should change the thread title. ;)

I took a look at ESEE, but it's just a headache trying to navigate their awful website. That probably just means they allocate all their resources to knives, and none to web design. :D

I took a look at ESEE, but it's just a headache trying to navigate their awful website. That probably just means they allocate all their resources to knives, and none to web design. :D

I think Esee is worth the look. Their reputation for quality and customer service is top notch. I have an Esee 4 and I love it.

Cold Steel makes good products, no argument there.

I was thinking that asking us 12-step program failures to hold you back was like frying bacon naked, until I saw the $199.00 price tag. DON'T DO IT, BROTHER!

1. Take 3 deep-cleansing breaths.
2. Go to knifeworks.com
3. Pick your color on an ESEE-6 (JUNGLAS for a REAL 10 incher!)
4. Pick your extra cool accessories to go with it.
5. Mail me $50.00

Or go to Swamp Rat Knife Works and get a "Rodent-6" for $180.00 and keep the change.

Or get a SKYCO 711 for $179.95 from scrapyardknives.com...keep the change.

You will thank me every time you pull it out....and every time you push it in.

Back
Top Bottom