• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swamp survival

It's good to share knowledge. Knowledge is power. The more knowledgable, empowered people there are, the better prepared the world is.

Very true my friend. And I like the venue you chose, kinda eliminates any thoughts aside from swamp training. Probably not gonna ask if I can bring my flip-flops. :rolleyes:

UPDATE-

The location for the class is secured. I have also secured two instructors, one (former rescue jumper current emt) to teach a basic course on gross trauma and two (instructor for Houston County LEO) to give a course on "10 basic moves." I asked him to come up with 5 defensive moves to create distance and 5 offensive moves to negate a threat. I will instruct the snares and traps course as well as the wetland defensive tactics course.
This is the way it's breaking down:
3 hrs medical 1 hr navigation 30 minutes weapons safety.
Move to course.
2 days on course with the primary instruction being in snares and traps. Plenty of stuff to catch here, we oughta eat ok.
As I said before, the rest of the time will be spent kumbiyaing, etc.

Bring what you want, but I'm thinking this will in all likelyhood be a 60% loss course. (meaning everyone will, due to unforseen catasrophe, lose 60% of their gear.)

If there are ANY other people on here willing to donate time to teach something valuable, please let me know. Post it here so we can all get together.

So far it's still a free let's get together thing, so just plan on gas money to Perry, Ga. Secure parking is for sure.

Put me down as helping instruct. I can cover defensive tactics (self defense), knife fighting, of course firearms but also outdoor survival and some primitive techniques if that will help. However, Im out until the first of the year

Back
Top Bottom