• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swamp survival

kevinosborne

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
After seeing all the "northerly oriented" SHTF let's go run to the mountains stuff, I am setting up a wetland specific short term survival course for anyone interested. The course will run Jan 6,7 and 8 (possibly just the 7th and 8th) and will be beginner friendly (as long as the beginners don't whine. In which case they will be eaten and their gear dispersed as needed.)

Topics will include basic firearms safety, basic navigation and basic first aid (i wanna feel safe) before we leave. After that we will practice some basic wet-land survival skills. This will involve learning how to construct safe shelters, how to construct gill nets and fishing snares as well as spring and dead-fall snares, fire starting in this particularly challenging and damp world, edible and medicinal plants and communication. We will also cover some basic waterway defensive tactics, including movement and cover in a wet world. Portions of the time will be spent in a boat and portions in the water. The other portions will be spent sitting around a campfire drinking cocoa and singing kumbiya.

I'm not setting this up to be a kick your ass make you puke intro to the swamp. This will be a VERY basic wetlands course geared towards teaching teamwork, survival and escape from an environment I have loved and studied for a while now. And don't forget the cocoa and the singing.

If I get at least two people that want to do this I'll commit to it.

Oh c'mon. What else are pockets good for? Ohhhhh Kay, playin. This sounds like a great course your doing with a lot of personal knowledge being shared.

This is a tricky one. Right now I'm thinking it will range from free to no more than 50 bucks or so. This depends on how much instructor time I can get donated. I think I have the medical covered, but the guy I want to do some of the defensive stuff may want a few bucks, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom