Survival Preppers...

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I just noticed a new show on NatGeo tonight at 10:00. I am not sure if it is totally new, but it will be new to me.

-Just thought I would let y'all know it was coming on. Could be interesting.

Holy ish!!! That swimming pool/chicken coop/garden/pond thing was sheer genius! People will think this guy is nuts, however when it all goes down they'll be begging on their knees for his help.

I watched bits and pieces of that while American Dad was on commercial break. They had some clever ideas but if they were really serious about it they should move out of the desert. They pretty much picked the worst place in the entire country to survive armegeddon.

I just saw it too. (DVR.)

I generally liked the last two families. I liked the ones in South Carolina the most, (but I agree that they need more people to defend a place like that.)

I also liked the swimming pool guy. Neat idea. But, he will be dead a couple weeks after the stores run out of food. His place would be a huge gold-plated target for starving angry mobs. His setup is really smart, but would only work in an isolated location. He has absolutely no chance of defending that place in the middle of a huge suburb.

-Pretty neat overview, but I am sure there are many people who have formed larger groups with more members which have some sort of plan. Seems like you would need at least 50 well-trained people to make a stand-even in a relatively isolated location.

-As a side note, I get the same feeling as the last guy in a big city. Those places are guaranteed to get real ugly, real fast.

Last edited:
The South Carolina families were my favorites too. I thought the last guy was the one with the underground bunker. That seemed pretty secure, but, of course, he had to get there. The family with the pool were certainly creative and committed, but in a neighborhood????

I recorded and watched the first 10 or so minutes...plan to watch the rest later but I realized I gotta get me one of them pygmy goats...don't know if it's a key to survival or not but they are so cool...

Back
Top Bottom