• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppppposedly Sept 15 is when refineries start making “cheaper winter fuel”

JDUB

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Ain’t that a bitch… c’est la vie!
100   0
Reaction score
Sept 15th is when fuel costs come down. THANK GOODNESS BIDENOMICS ARE WORKING!!

Anyway, EPA will suspend the sale of E10 and E15 a bit come Saturday. We’ll see.

Sept 15th is when fuel costs come down. THANK GOODNESS BIDENOMICS ARE WORKING!!

Anyway, EPA will suspend the sale of E10 and E15 a bit come Saturday. We’ll see.
Winter blend is cheaper and less efficient so the MPG's go down accordingly kinda making it a wash most of the time.
Sometimes depending on the vehicle, winter blend costs you even more because the efficiency is way down causing you to spend more to go the same distance.

But it sure does look good on the gas station sign!

Ethanol free is more expensive but I have calculated I got farther and it’s a wash cost wise. And I know it’s better for the whole system. Over 2mpg more per tank..which is almost 31miles per tank!

The refineries don't blend gas. That is done at the terminals. Summer gas has additives to help reduce smog. Winter gas drops these these additives and may or may not lower the ethanol content. Generally speaking if it says up to 10% ethanol, it's 10%. Ethanol is cheap so cutting gasoline with it increases profits for big oil. This has been going on for decades, nothing new with the current administration.

The refineries don't blend gas. That is done at the terminals. Summer gas has additives to help reduce smog. Winter gas drops these these additives and may or may not lower the ethanol content. Generally speaking if it says up to 10% ethanol, it's 10%. Ethanol is cheap so cutting gasoline with it increases profits for big oil. This has been going on for decades, nothing new with the current administration.
From what I understand, ethanol isn’t cheaper than gas but it is subsidized by the government (aka our taxpayer dollars) meaning we’re subsidizing profits to the oil and gas industry. Good times, good times!

From what I understand, ethanol isn’t cheaper than gas but it is subsidized by the government (aka our taxpayer dollars) meaning we’re subsidizing profits to the oil and gas industry. Good times, good times!
We’re subsidizing farmers, which in turn keeps corn costs up, feed prices stay artificially inflated and our meat prices keep climbing.

Back
Top Bottom