• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Supply Chain Disruption

There are specialized tools that just aren't made in America anymore. An example..... hose pliers that fit washer connections, even for those tight-fit quarter-turn hot and cold supplies in the built-in washer feed boxes you find nowadays in homes. They make them in China for use here and they work. Of course I bought a pair because I was tired of trying to fit some pair of US made Channel Locks on a knurled hose feed... You pick the tool for the job and the amount of use you expect to get out of it. In this case, the buy made sense.
View attachment 3563709
Where did you buy these pliers?

I saw them on Amazon sold by an appliance parts company for $20. I don't believe the hoses on my machine have been removed for 18 years. But if I have to remove the metal housing, the hoses have to come off at least in my case. The last thing I would want to do would be to knarl up the hose connectors as a new hose set at today's prices could be as much as the pliers.

Wonder what will happen to funds in bank accounts? Will cash remain relevant person to person? Would one be wise to keep a little cash on hand?
Funds in bank accounts would disappear...While it is wise to always keep as much cash as you can on hand, even cash becomes worthless in certain circumstances and it could happen very quickly. Keeping some cash and also keeping money in tangible goods is probably also a good Idea. Anything useful would be a good place to start putting a little extra money into.

Right now. Americus, Ga.

Attachments

• 5734.jpeg
    5734.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 5736.jpeg
    5736.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 48
Funds in bank accounts would disappear...While it is wise to always keep as much cash as you can on hand, even cash becomes worthless in certain circumstances and it could happen very quickly. Keeping some cash and also keeping money in tangible goods is probably also a good Idea. Anything useful would be a good place to start putting a little extra money into.
I've always contended that when the big Dystopian SHTF scenario happens, a single 22LR cartridge becomes the new dollar of the times - the basic unit of currency..

Back
Top Bottom